cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few question about G73JW-A1 ?

ahyakbaba
Level 7
Hi folks,

There are some issues that I wonder..My laptop G73JW-A1 model, 1 tb hdd, nvidia gtx 460m video card, 2*4 gb ram etc..

I want to upgrade 8 gb memory to 16 gb is it possible? If yes, which RAM model?Firm and model number?

And As far as I know there are four expansion slots? Can I install the memory myself?

Last question please, am i Should Vbios update for my nvidia card?

Thans for all, thanks in advance? Warm regards..
4 REPLIES 4

ScottinSoCal
Level 7
ahyakbaba wrote:
I want to upgrade 8 gb memory to 16 gb is it possible? If yes, which RAM model?Firm and model number?

Yes, you can upgrade to 16GM of RAM, but the manufacturer and model would be more of a personal decision. Some like Corsair. Some like Kingston. Some like the cheapest. Some like the most expensive.

And As far as I know there are four expansion slots? Can I install the memory myself?

With reasonable precautions taken against ESD damage, yes you can install it yourself. Don't open the computer if the humidity is very low (below 30%). Don't open the computer and then open the case for the memory - have it ready to plug in when you get the case open.

ahyakbaba
Level 7
Thanks for quick reply ScottinSoCal..I say wanna upgrade to 16 GB then when i open back cover laptop i saw the one memory slot of the four slot hidden behind the mainboard..how can access exactly i dont know..i dont mess 😞

i watch any videos on youtube related G73JW disassembly but i'm afraid doing wrong anything..Please help me dear forum admin..show me the alternative for memory upgrades..may be upgrade 12 gb 2*2 gb (from the factory) + 2*4 gb kingston =12 gb..

I want to make sure it works with the laptop in this way..if it works this way, what is the sequence of memory in which memory slot which must be fitted.. Example Slot 1 with Slot 3 2*2 gb and Slot 2 with Slot 4 2*4gb like it..

Please help..Thanks in advance..Regards..

xeromist
Just note that adding more memory won't make it faster unless you're maxing out what is already in there. A lot of people try to add memory when all they ever do is play games and surf the Internet(neither benefits from 12 or 16GB).
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Just note that adding more memory won't make it faster unless you're maxing out what is already in there. A lot of people try to add memory when all they ever do is play games and surf the Internet(neither benefits from 12 or 16GB).

... plus adding more RAM makes your pagefile and hiberfil.sys larger, so more RAM could actually be counterproductive.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com