cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank screen with ROG Swift PG278Q

ROGSwift
Level 7
I have just connected my new monitor to my new PC and have a blank screen. The PC has a Gainward NVIDIA 970 with a mini displayport so I've connected the monitor with a Displayport adapter (not sure if this would be relevant). Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

ROGSwift
Level 7
The screen lights up slightly when the computer is first switched on but then displays a message saying no signal.

thewoogier
Level 7
So I had this happen to me when I first got mine over 3 weeks ago. After exhausting everything I could think of trying, I logged and RMA and sent it in. I literally just got it back today and I'm testing it out now. Same issue. No fix. No one can tell me what's wrong or what to do, I'm out of options and out of patience. Hopefully you have more luck than I did, let me know if you find anything out.

jon3sey
Level 7
Just got my monitor earlier today and had same issues at first. Uninstalled all nvidia drivers and geforce experience completely then reinstalled. Monitor was detected upon fresh install. Hope this helps.

First off, you can't use an adapter from mini DP to DP... it must be a cable that is mini DP to DP. This is stated by Nvidia under the G-sync spec. I have the same issues with my 690 only having a mini DP as an output.

Secondly to solve my similar issue, I did the following: (pasted from another thread)

I initially had the same issues with this monitor. My setup below:

Gigabyte X68
I7-2600K
8 gig Corsair Vengence
EVGA 690 Signature

I first tried getting an adapter for the mini DP on the back of the 690 to connect it to the DP on the ROG Swift. This resulted in black screen / zero recognition of any input from the GPU (or both GPUs in the 690's case). I figured that I needed a Mini DP to DP cord and ordered one on Amazon. But I wasn't happy with my current situation so I kept digging. Since I recently upgraded my wife to a EVGA 980 SC from an MSI 660, I took her old GPU and gave it a go since it had native DP as an output. This resulted in the same black screen no input as before.

At this point I was very frustrated as I'm sure many of you are. What I did next was actually the one of my first mistake: called ASUS customer support. What a joke! Granted it's the day after Christmas and all but waiting on the phone for an hour was unacceptable. However, while I was listening to the CS queued background noise on speaker phone I decided to keep trying my own trial and error fixes for the no input issue. And that's when the solution hit me.

I saw my old monitor laying on the ground and figured I better plug it in if I wanted to game today at all. After plugging it in to the DVI port on the back of the 660, my old monitor came to life as I expect any monitor to do. Having my old monitor hooked up, I plugged in the ROG Swift as a secondary monitor and BOOM it finally came to life. I quickly disconnected my DVI "main" monitor and the ROG Swift took over as the main monitor. I haven't had a problem since. It turns on at the touch of a button and always has recognized the signal. I hope this helps someone else.

BTW, my wife also got an ASUS ROG Swift and her monitor worked right out of the box... granted it was hooked up to her brand new EVGA 980 SC.

\TLDR\
Try another monitor as your main monitor, then plug in the ROG Swift as a secondary monitor. If both turn on, unplug the "other" monitor and see if this solved whatever underlying issue you were having.

Werd,
420Man