cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SX power jack pin broke off into the charger.

flamingskin
Level 7
I have had the G53SX for 3 years now. Basically keeping it as a desktop. Only moving it at tops once a month. When I went to move it so i could play games, when visiting my parents, the pin in the power jack broke off into the adapter, WHILE i was unplugging it to move it. I am out of warranty so when i called ASUS support, I have been given the run around, call this number, use the escalation email, use the live chat, etc etc. Then when i do get an estimate they said it was going to cost me $140. I have seen the issue documented on the internet in videos, threads and various websites. Yet, I am told by ASUS support that this is not a known issue. Has anyone else had this same issue with the power jack its self and/or the way that ASUS has treated it?
4 REPLIES 4

billyray520
Level 10
You could check this epic thread.
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

flamingskin
Level 7
Yes I saw that thread, my issue right now, is ASUS support. I have been told several times that this is an unheard of problem. Yet, that huge 36 page on their forums detracts from that statement. It's incredibly frustrating, and I have been getting the run around all day.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
flamingskin wrote:
Yes I saw that thread, my issue right now, is ASUS support. I have been told several times that this is an unheard of problem. Yet, that huge 36 page on their forums detracts from that statement. It's incredibly frustrating, and I have been getting the run around all day.

flamingskin, sorry to hear that hasn't gone better.

From what I've heard for U.S. customers if only the DC jack pin is broken and needs to be replaced and there is no damage to the motherboard itself, ASUS repair in the U.S. will replace the DC jack for no charge (and AC adapter if necessary, so be sure to send that in and mention it?).

You probably need to send in the unit first for inspection though to actually know if there will be a charge or not, but those should be the guidelines.

Anyway, not sure if you can find anybody else at the ASUS Call Center to help with this, but would suggest contacting Jolene at cl-jolene@asus.com as mentioned in the thread below to go through your options.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?4804-ASUS-Worldwide-RMA-Guide

For everyone's sake hoping there haven't been as many customers still running into this issue, but will look into 'reminding' our U.S. call centers about it as well.

Please let us know how it goes and feel free to send me a PM at cl-Albert or discuss more on the forums if you wish. Thanks.

flamingskin
Level 7
Thank you albert, I am going to send it in, was just waiting to have the time to get it to fedex. The only problem I see is that the jack was the problem. Since I was able to use the computer before it lost its charge. So I want to assume that there is no damage to the MOBO.