cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT-CH71 + Other Model ISSUES?

BRSxIgnition
Level 9
Hi,

I've been lurking on quite a few G751 related threads, and I've come across the fact that tons of the people who have ordered them have gotten their machines with issues. I've seen everything from:

• Dead Pixels in the center of the screen.
  • Improper thermal pasting jobs leading to temps of 110 when gaming.
  • Fizzy Sounding, Punched In, Disconnected, and Loose Fitting Speakers.
  • Improperly placed keyboard keys. (Leading to clicking problems)
  • Broken Trackpad Buttons, Misaligned Trackpads. (With Palmrest)
  • etc.

This is very worrying and I don't see why so many QC issues are arising from this release.

It's even worse that I've ordered a G751JT-CH71 and will be picking it up Monday... I swear if I have any or even multiple of these issues..
17 REPLIES 17

Jeffri
Level 7
Dude that's a freakin bad news for me!!
I'm extremely worried now, cause I've ordered not one but TWO G751JT-CH71 (one for me & other for my brother) should be delivered on November 12.
Please post your experience here as soon as you check it out, I hope you don't face any defects or whatsoever. it would be horrible

Sorry to here the issues. I got the G751JM from BB and its been great, now issues ......yet

guvadc wrote:
Sorry to here the issues. I got the G751JM from BB and its been great, now issues ......yet

If you haven't had any problems yet, that's a really good sign 🙂 The best of luck with it the next few years.
The King of the north!

BRSxIgnition
Level 9
I'll be picking up my G751 tomorrow (Sunday), I've marked down all the issues I've seen online and will be checking all of them before I return home.

If I get a good unit, I'll post about it - it should help, with all this negativity flying around already.

If not, I'll have to open up an Amazon Return and I'll post about that too...

Does anyone know about any portable program to stress the GPU/CPU temps? I've seen a complaint about cooling problems leading to temps of 110, so if I can test that with a portable program, that would be beyond great,

BRSxIgnition wrote:
I'll be picking up my G751 tomorrow (Sunday), I've marked down all the issues I've seen online and will be checking all of them before I return home.

If I get a good unit, I'll post about it - it should help, with all this negativity flying around already.

If not, I'll have to open up an Amazon Return and I'll post about that too...

Does anyone know about any portable program to stress the GPU/CPU temps? I've seen a complaint about cooling problems leading to temps of 110, so if I can test that with a portable program, that would be beyond great,

Just download MSI afterburner and play a game like BF4 for 20-30mins on a 64player map - That should tell you if it's running too hot or not 🙂 You will be able to track the temperatures of the CPU and GPU while playing.
The King of the north!

Sagi wrote:
Just download MSI afterburner and play a game like BF4 for 20-30mins on a 64player map - That should tell you if it's running too hot or not 🙂 You will be able to track the temperatures of the CPU and GPU while playing.

Thing is, I am picking it up, testing it in a coffee shop for about an hour or so, then taking it home if it's alright. I don't want to drive more than an hour to my pickup location, drive home, then realize things don't work.

Are there any portable utilities I can use to test how high the GPU temps will get at load? (Something to put on a USB stick, then quickly copy onto the machine and run)

Would the Unigine Heaven / Valley Benchmarks work?

BRSxIgnition wrote:
Thing is, I am picking it up, testing it in a coffee shop for about an hour or so, then taking it home if it's alright. I don't want to drive more than an hour to my pickup location, drive home, then realize things don't work.

Are there any portable utilities I can use to test how high the GPU temps will get at load? (Something to put on a USB stick, then quickly copy onto the machine and run)

Hello, I'm not sure if this is a website or what.. check this video and look at how they measure the temperatures, I hope it helps... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htgAFgW5rzE&list=UUJ9O0vRPsMFk5UtIDimr6hQ

BRSxIgnition wrote:

Well, it's better than nothing I guess 🙂 Perhaps try furmark, even tho it can toast your GPU if it runs too long.
The King of the north!

BRSxIgnition wrote:

BRSxIgnition, hope this isn't too late, but yes the Unigine Heaven will heat up the GPU, Furmark is a bit more directed toward finding heat issues - it has a 15 minute burn-in button configured for max heat generation.

For the CPU I always use Prime95 8 cores FFT test. It runs without throttling on a well made G750 series, so it should do the same on the G751.
http://www.mersenne.org/download/#download

And, to watch the temps I use 2 programs. hwinfo64 Sensors only mode for CPU/GPU and GPU-Z Sensors tab for GPU only.

hwinfo64 download
http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

GPU-Z ROG version download
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2417/techpowerup-gpu-z-v0-8-0-w-asus-rog-skin/

You can leave those run during benchmarks / stress tests and look for throttling in the hwinfo - errors in GPU-Z - hwinfo64 will also log to a file.

Please come back and let us know how your new G751 tests 🙂