2. Intel i7 4770K
3. Corsairs vengeance memory 32gb
4. H100i corsairs
5. Samsung 840evo
6. Asus raidr express
7. Asus r9290x platinum
8. Coolermaster RM850
9. Coolermaster cosmos
I have problem running both my graphics card and the raidr express with the graphics card in slot 1 and raidr express in slot 2 or 3. I was under the impression that the raidr only requires and x2. I am not running sli but would love to.
Here are the combinations that I have tried.
1. Frist attempt
a. Slot 1: GPU (GPU is recognized)
b. Slot 2: Raidr (Raidr is not Recognized)
2. Second Attempt
a. Slot 1: Raidr (Raidr is recognized)
b. Slot 2: GPU (GPU is not recognized)
3. Third attempt
a. Slot1: GPU (GPU is recognized)
b. Slot3: raidr (Raidr is not recognized)
4. Fourth attempt:
a. Slot2 and 3 did not recognize the GPU nor the Raidr.
My question is, is there a way to enable the pcie lanes in 2 and 3 in the asus uefi bios. I have read the installation guide like 4 times now and I feel confident that it’s not due to the installation. Both lanes were working before sent it in for RMA but the only difference now is that I have a more powerful graphics card which does not draw its power from the board. I have the most up to date bios drivers. How do I resolve a problem with Riadr express and matrix r9290x gpu not working in pcie slot 2 and 3 on asus maximus vi formula.
Thank you
1 REPLY 1

Tokens210
Level 10
The motherboard only has lanes provided by the CPU, a 4770k has 16 lanes

As an example nvidia cards run x16 if its one card and x8 if its in sli so 2 nvidia cards would turn the other lanes off

You cards an ati which I believe can run at x8 or x4 but I'm not sure there

GPU should always go into the highest spot it can go so the very top x16 pcie plug is where your GPU should go

Can you fit the raidr in the x1 slot above the graphics card?

If you look in your manual page 1-26 it shows which PCIe lanes are shared across which pcie slots

As for setting up a crossfire, even if it was possible with the Raidr still installed you'd be pushing your power supply, especially if you planned to overclock

290x cards according to toms hardware power consumption charts under load use 300-400w, so 2 with load would be 600-800w, an over clocked 4770k uses 130w easy possibly more due to how much ram you have installed, that's already 730-930w without adding in the Raidr, ssd, optical drives, any addition hard drives etc. etc.

If worst came to worst you could always see about returning the Raidr, the research I did building my rig showed the Raidr is actually slower then 2 ssds in raid
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo