cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse lag?

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Now this doesn't happen all the time but i can notice it when using my mouse it will stop dead for a few milliseconds, I going to start trying other USB ports but has any one else had this problem some days its fine others i may do it 2 time in a hour its hard to tell.
23 REPLIES 23

Lavendy
Level 7
Sorry my poor english.

My R5E same issue. Shop reply "It not seldom happens that multi functional USB device". I thought initial failure or faulty BIOS. Osmium keyboard is can not work in UEFI (R4F is perfectly working), G502 mouse is warp cursor. Especially, Gigabyte Osmium keyboard is QVL listed. What happen... This situation is uncomfortable for me.

Intel Core i7 5960X
ASUS Rampage V Extreme
Noctua NH-D14 SE2011
G.Skill F4-3000C15Q-16GRR
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 690
Samsung XP941 256GB M.2 SSD, Crucial M550 512GB/M500 960GB SSD, Western Digital WD Purple 3TB
E-MU 1212m PCIe
Corsair Carbide 330R
Seasonic SS-1000XP

trose02
Level 7
Can you tell us what mouse you are using?

I had a similar problem with mouse lag and determined that it was due to the reporting rate of the mouse I was using.
When I upgraded to a proper gaming mouse and set a higher reporting rate the lag completely disappeared.

I don't do a lot of gaming, but the configurability of a gaming mouse has come in very handy in my photo and video editing apps.

- T.
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Rampage V Extreme
CPU: Intel Core-i7 5960X
CPU COOLER: Coolermaster Nepton 280XL
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 C15 32GB
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 4GB Vapor-X Tri-X OC
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB x 2
HDD: Western Digitial Caviar Black 3TB x 2
PSU: Corsair AX1500i CASE: Corsair Obsidian 900D

LiveOrDie
Level 11
I use a logitech G9x which has been used on other systems with no problems.

I hate to keep complaining about this board (I'm really trying to like it and I usually like and stick with ASUS products, but some of the issues are frustrating), but I'm having the same issue. It seems random, but a for a second or so every once and awhile, I will lose total control of my mouse. I have a Razer Naga Hex, but I have also tried a generic ASUS mouse (model MOEWUO) with the same result. Have tried both mice in a USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, same result. This happens no matter what I'm doing, surfing the net, playing games, etc..

Edit: I didn't notice the issue until upgrading to BIOS 0802.
CPU: Intel i7-5960X
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 280L
RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3000 CL15
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage V Extreme
CD/BR Drive: ASUS BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS
GPU: 2x (SLI) GTX Titan X (Pascal)
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Zx
SSD: (RAID 0) 2x Intel 730 Series 480GB
SSD: (backup) Crucial MX100 512GB
Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Silver)
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W 80+ Gold
Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 144hz 1440p G-Sync

jacks12345 wrote:
I hate to keep complaining about this board (I'm really trying to like it and I usually like and stick with ASUS products, but some of the issues are frustrating), but I'm having the same issue. It seems random, but a for a second or so every once and awhile, I will lose total control of my mouse. I have a Razer Naga Hex, but I have also tried a generic ASUS mouse (model MOEWUO) with the same result. Have tried both mice in a USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, same result. This happens no matter what I'm doing, surfing the net, playing games, etc..

Edit: I didn't notice the issue until upgrading to BIOS 0802.

Yer i know the feeling seems like this board should of gone through more testing than it did because these problems all seem to do with the power delivery, Ill get around to trying to turn more un-used features off like onboard sound unused sata ports and so on.

Lavendy
Level 7
That's exactly how I feel also. R5E is enthusiast product so important self-solving mind. I like this board, but a little problem is major question... especially input device (man machine interface). Logitech G502 already set to higher reporting rate(=1000Hz), but input lag appeared all USB port in my board, Osmium keyboard too. Therefore what I can do wait a new UEFI BIOS. Thanks provide one with useful information.

Intel Core i7 5960X
ASUS Rampage V Extreme
Noctua NH-D14 SE2011
G.Skill F4-3000C15Q-16GRR
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 690
Samsung XP941 256GB M.2 SSD, Crucial M550 512GB/M500 960GB SSD, Western Digital WD Purple 3TB
E-MU 1212m PCIe
Corsair Carbide 330R
Seasonic SS-1000XP

Chino
Level 15
For all of you that have been having problems with USB peripherals, have you tried disabling the Windows option to turn off USB devices to save power? If that doesn't work, try disabling xHCI.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Chino i have found a problem when my system gets a spike of load my mouse will freeze until its passes also notice this in some games as ill get a locked 100FPS in BF4 then it will drop about 10-15FPS when the mouse freezes any ideas ill try the XHCI now.

Turning off XHCI does that turn off USB3

I was just typing and hit backspace at the point i got a lag spike and the button got suck on 😞 .