cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG SWIFT PG278Q - Indefinite backorder?

dekar2004
Level 7
Anyone know why this has been on backorder on all major websites in the united states for the last 3 months or longer?
50 REPLIES 50

abvolt
Level 11
Unknown I've been waiting also, my guess sometime around Christmas we'll be able to get one..
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

abvolt wrote:
Unknown I've been waiting also, my guess sometime around Christmas we'll be able to get one..

because it has major problems with inversion, please read the 3d vertical striped thread. this thing is a disaster right now save your money guys. way to many issues with it and I own one

mdzcpa
Level 12
I don't know about it being a "disaster." There is a 14 page thread (as of today) that consists of the same 6 guys posting a lot, with another 5 or 6 more posting in that they have the same problem. It does sound like an issue for the folks in the thread, but obviously most folks are not experiencing or recognizing the problem. For every amazon or newegg post about an issue, there is 3 posts saying they like the monitor. I have 2 of these monitors in the house now and love them both. I'm likely just blind 🙂

mdzcpa wrote:
I don't know about it being a "disaster." There is a 14 page thread (as of today) that consists of the same 6 guys posting a lot, with another 5 or 6 more posting in that they have the same problem. It does sound like an issue for the folks in the thread, but obviously most folks are not experiencing or recognizing the problem. For every amazon or newegg post about an issue, there is 3 posts saying they like the monitor. I have 2 of these monitors in the house now and love them both. I'm likely just blind 🙂

So how much are they paying you to shill this hard?

TurboGuard wrote:
So how much are they paying you to shill this hard?

There's no need for that attitude. A difference of opinion hardly asks for this.

/

If you can pre-order, try, because every time we ship some in they sell-out immediately. Demand remains extremely high still and we're making as many as we can get the parts for.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
There's no need for that attitude. A difference of opinion hardly asks for this.

/

If you can pre-order, try, because every time we ship some in they sell-out immediately. Demand remains extremely high still and we're making as many as we can get the parts for.

Then would you like to comment on the pixel inversion issues that people seem to be having? Does ASUS even acknowledge the existence of the problem? I understand that demand is high, but it couldn't be terribly high as this is a fairly premium product with a narrow demographic; would you care to explain why its taking so long to get them in stock and keep them in stock?

TurboGuard wrote:
Then would you like to comment on the pixel inversion issues that people seem to be having? Does ASUS even acknowledge the existence of the problem? I understand that demand is high, but it couldn't be terribly high as this is a fairly premium product with a narrow demographic; would you care to explain why its taking so long to get them in stock and keep them in stock?

My Swift does not have the pixel inversion issue, some people obviously are but after RMAing their monitors their replacement unit is fine. I spoke to a mate in Auckland who works for a large computer store and he deals directly with the NZ ASUS supplier, he said the problem at the moment is that as soon as they get a shipment in, they are quickly out of stock again as most of their shipments are pre-orders, leaving little left for the store shelves if any and they last 1 to 2 days max which is pretty amazing for NZ. Its a simple demand outstripping supply, ASUS are making them as fast as they can but the demand is so great they are struggling to keep up. Demand is VERY high, I think you are under estimating how high the demand really is. My mate has NEVER seen demand for a monitor like this and he has worked in the industry for 20 years.

I also spoke with him about return rates and did not have concerns about quality control, returns have been no more than usual.
Note: My first swift had a dead pixel and a bright spot, it was replaced with no issues and my new unit is perfect.

pennyboy wrote:
My Swift does not have the pixel inversion issue, some people obviously are but after RMAing their monitors their replacement unit is fine. I spoke to a mate in Auckland who works for a large computer store and he deals directly with the NZ ASUS supplier, he said the problem at the moment is that as soon as they get a shipment in, they are quickly out of stock again as most of their shipments are pre-orders, leaving little left for the store shelves if any and they last 1 to 2 days max which is pretty amazing for NZ. Its a simple demand outstripping supply, ASUS are making them as fast as they can but the demand is so great they are struggling to keep up. Demand is VERY high, I think you are under estimating how high the demand really is. My mate has NEVER seen demand for a monitor like this and he has worked in the industry for 20 years.

I also spoke with him about return rates and did not have concerns about quality control, returns have been no more than usual.
Note: My first swift had a dead pixel and a bright spot, it was replaced with no issues and my new unit is perfect.

Which shop did you buy it from out of interest? I bought mine in Auckland too and it has the inversion problem. Have you tried you monitor in 3d yet? that's where it is most noticeable. I have something coming up on the 5th of December that I need my monitor for. After then I will RMA due to this inversion thing and will probably keep RMA'ing until I get one without this issue otherwise ill be asking for a refund. I got mine from computer lounge and they were awesome about it after I explained all this too them in the RMA. I might end up taking mine direct to Asus as they are based in Auckland somewhere.