Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50
  1. #11
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    45

    Quote Originally Posted by pennyboy View Post
    My Swift does not have the pixel inversion issue, some people obviously are but after RMAing their monitors their replacement unit is fine. I spoke to a mate in Auckland who works for a large computer store and he deals directly with the NZ ASUS supplier, he said the problem at the moment is that as soon as they get a shipment in, they are quickly out of stock again as most of their shipments are pre-orders, leaving little left for the store shelves if any and they last 1 to 2 days max which is pretty amazing for NZ. Its a simple demand outstripping supply, ASUS are making them as fast as they can but the demand is so great they are struggling to keep up. Demand is VERY high, I think you are under estimating how high the demand really is. My mate has NEVER seen demand for a monitor like this and he has worked in the industry for 20 years.

    I also spoke with him about return rates and did not have concerns about quality control, returns have been no more than usual.
    Note: My first swift had a dead pixel and a bright spot, it was replaced with no issues and my new unit is perfect.


    Which shop did you buy it from out of interest? I bought mine in Auckland too and it has the inversion problem. Have you tried you monitor in 3d yet? that's where it is most noticeable. I have something coming up on the 5th of December that I need my monitor for. After then I will RMA due to this inversion thing and will probably keep RMA'ing until I get one without this issue otherwise ill be asking for a refund. I got mine from computer lounge and they were awesome about it after I explained all this too them in the RMA. I might end up taking mine direct to Asus as they are based in Auckland somewhere.

  2. #12
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array The Veterant PC Specs
    The Veterant PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS-X99-Deluxe,Bios-3101
    ProcessorIntel- i7 5960X, OC-4.5Ghz @1.280V, Xeon e5 2696 V4
    Memory (part number)F4-2800C15Q2-128GRKD @15-15-15-35-2T
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 980 HC - BC@ 1550Mhz
    MonitorASUS ROG Swif - PG278Q
    Storage #1400GB Intel 750 NVMe PCI-e SSD
    Storage #2512GB Samsung XP941-M.2 Pci-e SSD
    CPU CoolerEK Elite Supremacy W/ AquaComputer AirPlex Rad.
    CaseOsidian 650D
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Gaming
    Mouse SENSEI - 62150
    Headset Logitech Sound System
    OS Windows 10 Pro in a UEFI setup
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87U firw.84950
    The Veterant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    243

    GUYS, GUYS, I WILL GIVE U A (tip)

    Mine experiences, I always were going into the Egg to see availability and always ( "Out of stock" ) message, then I decide to place the item into my cart till one day (walla) you it shows that I can purchase the item, and that's my long story short guys for this issue, "Follow it if you like, or waiting if you dislike it". up to you guys. GOOD LUCK !.
    "I'm not an OCer just looking a good MENTOR". UyqtCojoXecQlo.".

  3. #13
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    79
    Posts
    914

    The reason these monitors are hard to find in stock is obvious... they are popular! As pennyboy said demand is outrageous. A couple of phone calls top a few retailers can easily confirm this. Trying to tie the pixel inversion problem some folks are experiencing into a global conspiracy that affects supply is a bit of a stretch. Folks are simply buying them as fast as they are being produced.

    Like Marshall said, a pre-order may be the way to go for a while longer. I was visiting Newegg, Amazon, Tiger Direct, Microcenter, and Best Buy every day, a few times a day until I bumped into one. Took me a few weeks of looking every single day. The second monitor I stumbled into walking through the local microcenter. The manager said he had 10 the day before. They're going like hot cakes.

  4. #14
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array pennyboy PC Specs
    pennyboy PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus XI Hero
    ProcessorIntel i9 9900k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA XC Ultra GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    Sound CardAsus Supreme FX Onboard
    MonitorASUS PG278Q Swift 27" GSYNC
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 1 tb
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo 500 gb
    CPU CoolerCoolerMaster 360ML RGB
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair 1200 AXi
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Diamondback Chroma
    Headset Razer Kraken Chroma
    Mouse Pad Razer Scarab - Battlefield 3 theme
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-680
    OS Windows 10 x64 1809
    pennyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    173

    Quote Originally Posted by logzz View Post
    Which shop did you buy it from out of interest? I bought mine in Auckland too and it has the inversion problem. Have you tried you monitor in 3d yet? that's where it is most noticeable. I have something coming up on the 5th of December that I need my monitor for. After then I will RMA due to this inversion thing and will probably keep RMA'ing until I get one without this issue otherwise ill be asking for a refund. I got mine from computer lounge and they were awesome about it after I explained all this too them in the RMA. I might end up taking mine direct to Asus as they are based in Auckland somewhere.
    I got mine from Playtech.

  5. #15
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array pennyboy PC Specs
    pennyboy PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus XI Hero
    ProcessorIntel i9 9900k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA XC Ultra GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    Sound CardAsus Supreme FX Onboard
    MonitorASUS PG278Q Swift 27" GSYNC
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 1 tb
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo 500 gb
    CPU CoolerCoolerMaster 360ML RGB
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair 1200 AXi
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Diamondback Chroma
    Headset Razer Kraken Chroma
    Mouse Pad Razer Scarab - Battlefield 3 theme
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-680
    OS Windows 10 x64 1809
    pennyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    173

    Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    The reason these monitors are hard to find in stock is obvious... they are popular! As pennyboy said demand is outrageous. A couple of phone calls top a few retailers can easily confirm this. Trying to tie the pixel inversion problem some folks are experiencing into a global conspiracy that affects supply is a bit of a stretch. Folks are simply buying them as fast as they are being produced.

    Like Marshall said, a pre-order may be the way to go for a while longer. I was visiting Newegg, Amazon, Tiger Direct, Microcenter, and Best Buy every day, a few times a day until I bumped into one. Took me a few weeks of looking every single day. The second monitor I stumbled into walking through the local microcenter. The manager said he had 10 the day before. They're going like hot cakes.
    100% agree with this post. Mine does not have a pixel inversion problem, I am a very fussy person and I would of returned it ASAP if it did. Like I said in previous posts my first monitor had a dead pixel, it was small but to me very annoying. My wife couldn't understand why it bothered me so much but it did so I got it replaced and my 2nd unit is perfect, these things have a 100% perfect panel warranty anyways.
    There is no conspiracy going on here, why would a company intentionally hold back shipments? that makes no sense! ASUS are just like any other company they want to make money (as much as possible) so they will want to sell as many of these things as they can, unfortunately they currently cant' keep up with demand and I can't see them getting on top of the supply issue this side of Xmas.

  6. #16
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by pennyboy View Post
    100% agree with this post. Mine does not have a pixel inversion problem, I am a very fussy person and I would of returned it ASAP if it did. Like I said in previous posts my first monitor had a dead pixel, it was small but to me very annoying. My wife couldn't understand why it bothered me so much but it did so I got it replaced and my 2nd unit is perfect, these things have a 100% perfect panel warranty anyways.
    There is no conspiracy going on here, why would a company intentionally hold back shipments? that makes no sense! ASUS are just like any other company they want to make money (as much as possible) so they will want to sell as many of these things as they can, unfortunately they currently cant' keep up with demand and I can't see them getting on top of the supply issue this side of Xmas.
    Would you mind taking the time to do the following tests?:

    Lastly, I would like anyone who claims that they are not having any of the pixel iversion problems to go to this website: http://www.techmind.org/lcd/ and open this test in your browser: http://www.techmind.org/lcd/greendot.html and post PROOF that your monitor is not displaying any of these problems.

    If yours indeed doesn't show these problems in a clear picture, it would give me more peace of mind with RMA'ing my monitor.

  7. #17
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    There in stock now @Newegg, just bought one! So freaking stoked! Can't wait for 1440p at 144mzh....

  8. #18
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array pennyboy PC Specs
    pennyboy PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus XI Hero
    ProcessorIntel i9 9900k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA XC Ultra GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    Sound CardAsus Supreme FX Onboard
    MonitorASUS PG278Q Swift 27" GSYNC
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 1 tb
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo 500 gb
    CPU CoolerCoolerMaster 360ML RGB
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair 1200 AXi
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Diamondback Chroma
    Headset Razer Kraken Chroma
    Mouse Pad Razer Scarab - Battlefield 3 theme
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-680
    OS Windows 10 x64 1809
    pennyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    173

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickback View Post
    There in stock now @Newegg, just bought one! So freaking stoked! Can't wait for 1440p at 144mzh....
    NICE!! you will love it! congrats on getting hold of one.

  9. #19
    Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U
    _'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Reputation
    119
    Posts
    5,750

    We hope stock levels should improve by year end. Sorry it's not sooner, we are working closely with our partners to improve materials availability.

  10. #20
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array abvolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Reputation
    41
    Posts
    1,131

    That's good news maybe I'll be able to get one sooner after all..
    Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
    NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

    Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
    Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •