Storage #1250 GB Samsung 850 Pro
    Storage #22TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA-III
    CPU CoolerAsetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Keyboard Corsair K70 STRAFE
    Mouse Logitech Pro
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U

I got home and I just did a test at home with this, on my Asus Rog Swift. It does flickers when I move the window around. Additionaly, if I have 2 windows open, then moving the first window causes both windows to flicker (the one I'm moving and the one stationary). If I leave that test image on, in an open window, then it causes weird lines and rectangular shapes to show up elsewhere on the screen.

I tried googling "What is pixel dot inversion on LCD", trying to find more information on it. There wasn't a whole lot of info on it. Other than some more test screens to test. There were a couple of forum posts about it. Some people said that all LCDs do this to some extent. Some are more noticeable than others. And if it happens, it doesn't necessarily mean something is broken. My causal googling of this is by no means the authoritative answer on it. I'm, like the rest of you, own this monitor and am concerned as to if my monitor is working correctly. It's an expensive monitor, that has the promise of being a kick ass display for gaming. So far, it only does this flickering when using one of these test screens. I have not experienced this while playing games or using the desktop normally.

Of course it's not good to read people here having problems with their monitor. Does this product have a higher than average % of problems than other LCD monitors? I dunno. In my personal experience with computer monitors, generally I get one and it lasts several years working as intended. Eventually it gets replaced with a bigger, or better one. I still have 2 Dell 24" widescreen monitors. One that is 10 years old with dvi/vga/component inputs. That still works, although it's currently unplugged sitting in storage.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Astro1 View Post
    Yeah ok! For ****s and giggles can you post a video of your claim above?

Here is mine BTW. October build date. 3rd replacement unit. Still have pixel inversion which is less an issue (might even be normal behavior) than the blurry text issues I had with the July units. I still get vertical lines during high contrast flashes etc and on certain moving objects. Also have a dead magenta pixel towards the right edge of the screen. 3 units tried. Only this one works remotely as advertised and I have little confidence it won't crap out like the others did.

Those who value their time remotely, should stay away from this thing. I have been an ASUS advocate for years but this experience will permanently change that. If I had not purchased this and known ahead of time what I was in for, I would have waited until the technology is perfected. This hardware is hardly bata worthy and ASUS should think twice releasing smoothing like this again.

What seems to be happening is that something is crapping out on the unit after x amount of hours as my original display worked well until it didn't and many others have had similar experiences.
    I agree 100%, it's been 3 weeks since i RMAed the first unit i got (July built) which was working fine for a month until it crapped out (blurry text and all) and can't say i am optmistic about getting a unit that will work as it should for a period of time greater than a couple of monhs. What is really unacceptable is that although this issue seems to be widespread enough for ASUS to come out and state what's the cause of the problem and what they plan to do about it, they are completely silent. What a mess

New ROGer Array

no problems with mine.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

Quote Originally Posted by Kickback View Post
    Damn so you don't get any flicker? I have pixel inversion.....it flashes when I move the box....So some of these ROG SWIFT's are working right.....Now do I get a refund and or RMA this thing? I'm not paying $800 for a monitor that doesn't work right....also get pretty bad screen door look when I move around fast in games.
    I don't think I do. Or it's just very light and I'm not picking up on it. My eyes are old.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro1 View Post
    Yeah ok! For ****s and giggles can you post a video of your claim above?
    Here is what I get. The video isn't awesome but it's done with my phone quickly just now.
    http://vid904.photobucket.com/albums...st%20swift.mp4

Maybe you guys see something I'm not. I do see some very slight patchy lighting that is more pronounced in the video than I can see with my eyes, but my Dell u3011 does that too. I'm not seeing the obvious line flicker Astro1 is. I dunno. If this is the problem it is too small for me to worry about. Then again, the monitor could crap out tomorrow. Who knows. I'm going to keep enjoying it for now.

ROG Enthusiast Array

what is this problem called thanks Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141215_022453.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	408.4 KB 
ID:	44335

ROG Enthusiast Array

Is this flicker suppose to be considered a bad thing? It flickered on my swift monitor and also another Asus monitor I own.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    I don't think I do. Or it's just very light and I'm not picking up on it. My eyes are old.

Here is what I get. The video isn't awesome but it's done with my phone quickly just now.
    http://vid904.photobucket.com/albums...st%20swift.mp4

Maybe you guys see something I'm not. I do see some very slight patchy lighting that is more pronounced in the video than I can see with my eyes, but my Dell u3011 does that too. I'm not seeing the obvious line flicker Astro1 is. I dunno. If this is the problem it is too small for me to worry about. Then again, the monitor could crap out tomorrow. Who knows. I'm going to keep enjoying it for now.

Well you needn't have bothered remembering where you had left your phone and then using it to post a seriously low quality, slow shutter speed video. It was a complete waste of time for all. It shows you have no idea what video is all about, and this is the reason why you will NEVER notice any problems with your monitors if they unfortunately appear. The phrase "Ignorance is bliss" comes to mind.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

Quote Originally Posted by purge98 View Post
    Well you needn't have bothered remembering where you had left your phone and then using it to post a seriously low quality, slow shutter speed video. It was a complete waste of time for all. It shows you have no idea what video is all about, and this is the reason why you will NEVER notice any problems with your monitors if they unfortunately appear. The phrase "Ignorance is bliss" comes to mind.

LOL. Actually what is apparent here is someone putting in the appropriate amount of effort into the task at hand. If you think I would spend more than 2 minutes posting a video of a problem I do not have for the sake of a few agitated kids posting off topic on this thread then you are sorely mistaken.

The phrase "sour grapes" comes to mind.

ROG Member Array Starrbuck PC Specs
    Starrbuck PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage V Extreme X99/U3.1
    ProcessorIntel i7-5930K (4.5GHz)
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) 2666MHz 15-15-15-35 DDR4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 980 Matrix Platinum
    Graphics Card #2ASUS GTX 980 Matrix Platinum
    Sound CardASUS SupremeFX 2014
    MonitorASUS PG279Q 165Hz 1440p G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung XP941 256GB M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 840 EVO 750GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCustom water cooling loop
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G600
    Headset Logitech G230
    OS Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Network RouterVerizon FiOS Quantum
    Accessory #1 EK-FB ASUS R5E Monoblock
    Accessory #2 Bitspower VG-NGTX980AM Waterblock
    Accessory #3 Bitspower & Koolance fittings, Swiftech pump & res, Alphacool rads

Back on topic... These have been coming back in (and then quickly out!) of stock quickly this week on amazon.com, newegg.com, and tigerdirect.com. I snatched up one from TD and it will arrive on Monday. Wish me luck that it does not have any of these issues. If it does, I've got 30 days to return it to TD. I tried the Acer XB280HK and it had its own issues that I wasn't fond of. Now I'm going to see what this 144Hz business is all about!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    The reason these monitors are hard to find in stock is obvious... they are popular! As pennyboy said demand is outrageous. A couple of phone calls top a few retailers can easily confirm this. Trying to tie the pixel inversion problem some folks are experiencing into a global conspiracy that affects supply is a bit of a stretch. Folks are simply buying them as fast as they are being produced.

Like Marshall said, a pre-order may be the way to go for a while longer. I was visiting Newegg, Amazon, Tiger Direct, Microcenter, and Best Buy every day, a few times a day until I bumped into one. Took me a few weeks of looking every single day. The second monitor I stumbled into walking through the local microcenter. The manager said he had 10 the day before. They're going like hot cakes.

Still on the ASUS payroll are we?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5