cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Code 66 please help

edgardoangelv
Level 7
Hello everyone, i have only a question,
i have formula z motherboard, fx8350 oc 4.4 vcore 1.37, 8gb gskill 2x4 1600 ripjaws, thermalright silver arrow ibe, ZOTAC 970 4gb PSU : Seasonic 1000w
my pc runs fine, no problem, all the games to, like Ryse, Evil within, COD Advance Warfare etc everything runs fine
but sometimes aleatory i have the q code 66
When I restart my computer from windows 7, code 66 is cleared and appears AA
This error is random meaby 1 time a week

what is this code? CPU DXE initialized? whats meens?

i run for 2 hours memtest v5 all the memory is fine NO ERROR
1 run prime95 for 45 minutes and is stable

my pc is running stable, always

thanks and regards, sorry for my english
7 REPLIES 7

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
I'm not sure how long it has been since you built that machine, but during the first two weeks after I built mine, I saw the 66.

What I did was to remove the RAM, clean the contacts on the RAM boards with 91% isopropyl alcohol and a cloth, and then re-place the RAM in the same slots. I did this four or five times, over the course of the first two weeks, and after the last time I didn't see the error anymore.

So, I assume that, in my case, the connection between RAM board and main board was not great - probably from manufacturing process.

I would try this, and report back if you see no change. Other people may have other ideas.

Z

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
I'm not sure how long it has been since you built that machine, but during the first two weeks after I built mine, I saw the 66.

What I did was to remove the RAM, clean the contacts on the RAM boards with 91% isopropyl alcohol and a cloth, and then re-place the RAM in the same slots. I did this four or five times, over the course of the first two weeks, and after the last time I didn't see the error anymore.

So, I assume that, in my case, the connection between RAM board and main board was not great - probably from manufacturing process.

I would try this, and report back if you see no change. Other people may have other ideas.

Z

Dr. Zchivago wrote:

Z

thanks dude, i built my rig in 2013, and no error since 4 weeks ago

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
I have not a clue, then - haha.

Z

Dr. Zchivago wrote:
I have not a clue, then - haha.

Z

i don´t have the error since y push the botton MEMOK
still 24 hours in AA mode
i will notice thanks