Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by icwhatudidthere View Post
    I think I know what the issue is. Mostly it's poor documentation by Asus. I finally saw it working with the latest Lighting software update, v 2.01.06. The thing is, it doesn't come on immediately and it doesn't work during sleep. Instead, it comes on after a few minutes of inactivity, kind of like a screen saver but only using the colored LEDs. It's also very subtle, so it's easy to miss.
    I confirm this is the way it works, but you have to make sure you have your screensaver set up correctly. It will not work while it's in sleep mode or any other way.
    Set up your screen saver and let it sit there and the pulsing begins.

Thanks so much!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Andrieu0407 View Post
    I have another issue, since the lastest upgrade (V2.01.06), I can't use the tools because the software cease working. If someone kniw how to fix it...
    I haven't had that problem, but if you go to this link http://www.asus.com/Desktops/ROG_G20...Desk_Download/
    you can uninstall and reinstall every pieces of software for the lighting tool and any other tools.

Hope that helps...

ROG Member Array

It will help for the next time. I fixed the problem, but now i've the same issue as you. It doesn't want to breath! And yet i download your link http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...20AJ&p=14&s=11 and it doesn't work (i don't reboot the pc yet).

ROG Enthusiast Array

It will help for the next time. I fixed the problem, but now i've the same issue as you. It doesn't want to breath! And yet i download your link http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...20AJ&p=14&s=11 and it doesn't work (i don't reboot the pc yet).
    If you go into personalize and set up your screen saver the breathing effect will happen once your screen saver comes on. It will take a few minutes after the screen saver is on for the lights to breath.
    It won't work if the computer is in sleep or hybernate mode.

Try this, set the screen saver for 1 min. let run an wait out about 5 - 10 min. and check the lights they should be breathing.

Extremely poor documentation on Asus part!

ROG Member Array

Ok gratitude. I keep you up to date if it's working.

ROG Member Array

After 15 minutes on the screen saver the lights still not breathing. And yet i set the sleep and hybernate mode on "never" with the asus command.

ROG Enthusiast Array

After 15 minutes on the screen saver the lights still not breathing. And yet i set the sleep and hybernate mode on "never" with the asus command.
    Try downloading the latest chipset driver from the same support webpage. The service rep told me that would help the hardware communicate with the software.

Also, I said 15 min. but I never really measured how long it took. I was downloading something and set the screen saver and left and came back and the lights were "breathing" keep in mind that it isn't very obvious, it's a very soft glow, the lights don't go out completely.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by chrimen View Post
    If you go into personalize and set up your screen saver the breathing effect will happen once your screen saver comes on. It will take a few minutes after the screen saver is on for the lights to breath.
    It won't work if the computer is in sleep or hybernate mode.

Try this, set the screen saver for 1 min. let run an wait out about 5 - 10 min. and check the lights they should be breathing.

Extremely poor documentation on Asus part!

So the breathing works when a screen saver is on? With default settings in Asus Command? I enabled screen saver with 1min, let's see what happens. I will update the results.

Edit:: Screen saver has been on for 15mins now, and still nothing. I will wait a bit longer and see if anything happens.
    Shame on Asus for not making proper instructions!!!!
    Also why they couldn't just update the software to make the breathing-effect work exactly like changing colours? Users could choose when they want the lights to breathe when you tick the box, not some "idle-mode" thingies?
    Last edited by Tsigi; 01-03-2015 at 12:20 AM.

ROG Member Array

It would be great Tsigi.
    Thanks Chrimen, i know it's not obvious but there were not breathing at all.
    I have another probleme, but from windows, it's the second time since i bought my pc (a week) that the system crash dawn. And i have to restore it every time. It's pretty anoying, do you have the same problem could it be cause of asus program?

ROG Enthusiast Array

It would be great Tsigi.
    Thanks Chrimen, i know it's not obvious but there were not breathing at all.
    I have another probleme, but from windows, it's the second time since i bought my pc (a week) that the system crash dawn. And i have to restore it every time. It's pretty anoying, do you have the same problem could it be cause of asus program?
    I had a bunch of issues with the PC crashing a lot in the 1st week all due to windows 8.1 and the Nvidia Drivers. Just make sure you update windows first then the Nvidia drivers. If you update the drivers first then when windows tries to install its updates there is some error.

If you have have any of these errors connect to the intel GPU and try starting the pc in safe mode. Then try to turn it on again. If it turns on with the Intel GPU then the crash is being caused by the Nvidia drivers.
    What I did was roll back the drivers, then make sure all windows updates were installed. Once all windows updates were installed I then updated the graphics card drivers.

I've had no crashes since then. Also, when connected to the Nvidia GPU mine never shows the Asus logo screen so I have to wait a little longer than usual and then it just goes directly to the log in page. Try waiting a little bit once its on since it can take a a minute or to to load without showing you an Asus logo.
    I have enabled the eco mode I'm thinking this could be why.

Try different colors on the breathing. I had on red and yellow today and it was very very hard to notice after 10 minutes or so.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast