Threaded View

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

G751-Series Laptops only playing sound through subwoofer. FIX??

PLEASE SEE CONDENSED THREAD REBOOT HERE:>
    G751 Subwoofer-only Sound Problem OFFICIAL SUPPORT THREAD

As the title says, all of my laptop's audio is only playing through the Subwoofer.

After a few things went wrong with cloning my old drive onto my new SSD and I ended up needing a fresh install of windows 8.1 x64 Pro - I've now gotten my computer to it's previous state, and I've transferred my files over + downloaded and installed all drivers from the ASUS G751JT support page. (Including the audio driver: "Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017335")

Thing is, after doing a speaker test now - finally in a place where I can hear them 100%, unlike the mall where I originally tested them - the sound is distinctly coming from only the subwoofer. If I make any level (Left/Right Volume) changes to the center/front/rear/subwoofer in the audio settings, only "front" makes any difference.

It makes the ONLY difference. (See: 0 = NO SOUND -> 100 = SOUND) Levels change completely normally when using headphones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	43185

When I plug in the headphones, this screen pops up - if I go back to its settings, and select a 5.1 surround sound setting for my options, it says I have no side speakers. When I run the test and it lights up the speakers in the image while playing a sound on them, the results are the following:
    • Left & Right Channels play through Subwoofer
    • All other channels (Center, Rear Left & Right, Subwoofer) fail and do not play a sound. (Though the ambient noise of it failing to play a sound can still be heard from the subwoofer)

Before you recommend it, deselecting "Swap Center / Subwoofer Output" does nothing.

.... What do I do?
    Last edited by xeromist; 12-03-2014 at 06:52 PM.