Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I cranked up the bass on the subwoofer yesterday and at least we know that it IS capable of providing some actual bass... can't wait until release a fix for this so I can hear what it sounds like as intended.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by CRAYOL4 View Post
    yes they're "working"

but they are not properly working
    I agree. If I adjust the balance to the left, I get sound out of the left front speaker and the subwoofer. If I adjust the balance to the right, I get sound coming out of all 3 speakers still. I cannot turn down the front speakers and have only the subwoofer play, the sub is tied in with the front speakers somehow.

There are no front speakers. There are speakers by the hinge/screen in each side and one subwoofer on the base of the laptop, towards the front left.

When you play the test tone, it will send both a left and right test tone to the speaker, if you have the issue and its pushing through the subwoofer, then it will play both. Thing is, because the tones are slightly different, the "right" tone sounds as if it's coming from the right a bit more than the "left" tone is, but it's still only coming from the subwoofer.

Try the fix I posted a page or two back, then play the test tones again, the right tone should be coming from the back right, and the left tone from the back left - nothing should come from the subwoofer when playing test tones.

It's a bit confusing but make sure you know where your sound is coming from before you say you're is working/not working.

(Either way, the effected user number seems to be growing.)
    Last edited by BRSxIgnition; 11-27-2014 at 06:10 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post
    It's a bIt confusing but make sure you know where your sound is coming from before you say you're is working/not working.
    I have sound coming from all 3 speakers, adjusting the balance in audio properties is all screwy, but I don't have sound playing "through the subwoofer only".

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by geneticweapon View Post
    I have sound coming from all 3 speakers, adjusting the balance in audio properties is all screwy, but I don't have sound playing "through the subwoofer only".
    geneticweapon, thanks for the details, can you expand on the "balance in audio properties is all screwy" with some details? Which are the L/R speakers - Front/Back/or? Is the L/R balance correct, or?

I wonder if someone tried to fix that problem and messed up a production run of laptop sound with some sort of an attempted fix to straighten out the balance, and now they are back to the pre-fix mode - screwed up assignment of speaker and balance, but at least working out of all 3 speakers.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    geneticweapon, thanks for the details, can you expand on the "balance in audio properties is all screwy" with some details?
    I made a video, hopefully I can explain things better while you guys visually follow along

First of all, thank you very much for the video, Geneticweapon.

Odd, when I have the realtek drivers installed, it works exactly like you show in the video for me as well, but the sound is only coming from the subwoofer on the bottom of the laptop.

For me, there is absolutely no sound coming from my other speakers, which I can hear perfectly clearly if they are using the windows generic drivers.

Are you 100% sure the test tones are coming from all of your speakers? They do sound a bit different, so the right test tone will sound like it's coming a bit more from the right than it actually is, while it's really coming from the Sub, just like the left test tone.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post
    Are you 100% sure the test tones are coming from all of your speakers?
    If they weren't, this thing would be on its way back to Amazon.

I promise you that I'm not clueless, I've been an audio fan most of my life. I have a fetish for Audio-Technica's, I play guitar and love the warmth of my tube amp, many of my past cars have had trunks full of speakers, etc. etc. I know when speakers are playing and when they're not,

Quote Originally Posted by geneticweapon View Post
    If they weren't, this thing would be on its way back to Amazon.

I promise you that I'm not clueless, I've been an audio fan most of my life. I have a fetish for Audio-Technica's, I play guitar and love the warmth of my tube amp, many of my past cars have had trunks full of speakers, etc. etc. I know when speakers are playing and when they're not,
    Hahaha.. Well, go figure. I'm a fan of Audio Technica too, I have a pair of ATH-M50's, and have owned 3 others in the past.

Back on topic though, I've got a little update from MarshallR:

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS
    We're still working closely with Realtek to plan the next step. Because there's a big mix of inputs and testing methods it's hard to narrow down the exact issue. The dumps have been analyzed but please bear with us until next week.
    Hopefully this all works out and we hear something next week.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Wow, that's really good news!

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast