Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by toronto699 View Post
    if I had this problem id start with bios from the jt driver page and reinstall everything one driver at a time at a time work my way down the driver page
    That's what I'm thinking of doing. I just have two questions:
    • What is a good program to get rid off all the bad drivers?
    • How do I update/re-install the BIOS? (I REALLY don't want to mess that up....)

Thank you very much for all your help so far.. Hopefully we can fix this...

It didn't work.

It's pushing audio only through the subwoofer, again.

(I now have ROG Audiowizard and Realtek Audio Manager programs, but that doesn't do much with the speakers the way they are.)

I'm heading to work - I'll fiddle with it tonight in 10 hours and tomorrow morning....

Ugh.

ROG Member Array

Just got my g751jy and sound only from sub also

I've uninstalled/reinstalled all drivers from the G751JT support page on the ASUS website, and even updated the BIOS to its newest version, and the Audio Driver still pushes sound through the Subwoofer.

It's a software issue, since I can tell the speakers themselves are working, so I really don't want to have to go and return the entire PERFECTLY GOOD system because some of the drivers aren't co-operating...

It's so frustrating. I wonder if MarshallR could set us up with some support?

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post
    As the title says, all of my laptop's audio is only playing through the Subwoofer...
    BRSxIgnition, sorry you got sucked into the maw of Realtek, it happens to all of us eventually

It looks like they added simulation of Surround sound speakers, or it is an actual mistake in the program in this version Vis-à-vis the G751.

For reference, here is your dialog again.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Realtek HD dialog.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	43252

First, when you have a subwoofer, you don't want to enable Full Range Speakers for your L/R speakers - and the surrounds are simulated so disable it for them too. You want the Subwoofer to handle the low frequencies and not burden the L/R speakes with low end signal - blurring the signal for the frequencies it should be getting - taking away from the sound - maybe even introducing distortion - certainly removing capacity from the speaker in the frequency range it is best.

You only have a 2.1 system built in, so don't enable 5.1 for the speakers - look at the little room/speaker graphic, you don't have that

I don't have a G751 to debug this for you - I would normally set it up like I see you have it set up - thanks for posting the snippet of the control panel settings. So I can't suggest the exact fix... yet.

Click on the drop down for the Speaker Configuration, and either select Stereo or 2.1, if Stereo / 2.1 has a check box for Subwoofer, make sure it is checked, uncheck the Full Range check boxes, uncheck the Swap Center/Subwoofer Output.

Change to match real physical speaker configuration

Name:	Change to match real speakers configuration.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	43253

That should match the physical configuration you actually have.

That should take you back to reality, and the sound should come out of all 3 speakers, L/R/Sub.

Now you likely need to adjust the subwoofer "volume" - strangely you can't do that in this dialog - you need to do it in the Sound Control panel for the Speakers Properties, and should look something like this:

Name:	Internal Subwoofer and Front Levels.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	43251

From the experience with the G750, the subwoofer overdrives if set to 100%, but starting at 50% you should be good - not distort - on most material - once you are ready to tune it, you can slide up the drive to the subwoofer when listening to your favorite material at the max volume - and normal volume - to get the best match of fullness and non-distortion.

Now, getting back to the surround simulation capability, you can go back to the dialog, and try these settings while on Surround 5.1 Speaker configuration: Uncheck both Full-range Speakers check boxes, uncheck the Swap Center / Subwoofer Output, and check the Speaker Fill box - that is the key one to fill in the surround signal to the speakers you have from the speakers you are simulating. After that works, try enabling Bass Management and see if it lets you set the subwoofer driver %.

Change to match surround emulation configuration on 2.1 physical speakers

Name:	Change to match surround emulation.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	43254

Please let us know how that works for you, and if you find anything else of interest while checking/unchecking things suggested - images too
    Last edited by hmscott; 11-13-2014 at 03:58 AM.

Thank you very much for your input hmscott, it's very helpful.

I will try your recommendations once I try something I thought up.

I noticed in Device Manager that there were 1 or 2 NVIDIA Audio drivers, either virtual or non-virtual, so I have uninstalled all of my Nvidia programs/drivers, and I will be installing Realtek's Audio Drivers before them this time. (As well as trying to avoid downloading the "Audio" portion of NVIDIA's drivers.

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but I hope I'm right. (Or you are, haha.)

I'll let you all know.

Alright - so that didn't work. Both options seems to have failed.

Installing Realtek's Audio Drivers first did nothing, and then changing the settings to stereo also still pushes the sounds to the subwoofer rather than full speakers. The below image is of what my stereo options are, and changing the "Front Left / Right" option or "Surround" option both do nothing. I can hear both test tones, but they're distinctly coming from the subwoofer, not the speakers.

More help would be greatly appreciated, hmscott - hopefully we can find the solution to this, not just for me, but so others can avoid this driver hell. Other than this glaring flaw, the machine is AMAZING, which just makes it hurt MORE.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Installing Realtek's Audio Drivers first did nothing, and then changing the settings to stereo also still pushes the sounds to the subwoofer rather than full speakers. The below image is of what my stereo options are, and changing the "Front Left / Right" option or "Surround" option both do nothing. I can hear both test tones, but they're distinctly coming from the subwoofer, not the speakers.

More help would be greatly appreciated, hmscott - hopefully we can find the solution to this, not just for me, but so others can avoid this driver hell. Other than this glaring flaw, the machine is AMAZING, which just makes it hurt MORE.
    I have been closely following and somewhat mimicking brs is doing and I am getting identical results. I've tried everything listed here. When I deleted the driver and let Microsoft put in a dummy driver I got great sound from my speakers and my sub albeit separately. So it's not a hardware issue. I am on my fourth chat with asus support. No offense but these guys are LOST. one guy told me my computer came with only a sub. Another made me wait 5-6 minutes for every responsible. Hmscott and Marshall, please pass on to your superiors that the chat is not fairing well.

With all that said, this is the greatest piece of comp tech I've ever owned so I'm going to wait till the last day at the 11th hour before I return this laptop. Allegedly I'm getting a call or email in 4-5 hours with instructions for help. That rep who advised of that disconnected our chat prematurely so I'm not hold my breath.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by thamann2000 View Post
    I have been closely following and somewhat mimicking brs is doing and I am getting identical results. I've tried everything listed here. When I deleted the driver and let Microsoft put in a dummy driver I got great sound from my speakers and my sub albeit separately. So it's not a hardware issue. I am on my fourth chat with asus support. No offense but these guys are LOST. one guy told me my computer came with only a sub. Another made me wait 5-6 minutes for every responsible. Hmscott and Marshall, please pass on to your superiors that the chat is not fairing well.

With all that said, this is the greatest piece of comp tech I've ever owned so I'm going to wait till the last day at the 11th hour before I return this laptop. Allegedly I'm getting a call or email in 4-5 hours with instructions for help. That rep who advised of that disconnected our chat prematurely so I'm not hold my breath.

thamann2000, I don't work for Asus

BRSxIgnition/thamann2000, not sure what is going on, since many have reported working 2.1 separation. I don't know if it was a driver update, misconfiguration - like turning off Speaker Fill and turning on Full Range and Swap Sub/Center - ( you never do that - except in 1 particular instance ) while under 5.1, or moving from Stereo/2.1 to 5.1.

If the underlying infrastructure drivers were installed correctly, the 2 settings scenarios I outlined above would have both worked.

Somehow you both need to get back to the out of the box configuration, and start again - note the changes / updates you make and retest Speaker Integrity after each change - to find out what it was.

If you haven't created an Asus Backtracker USB 3.0 16GB flash drive for recovery, I would do it now - in case an F9 reset fails to work properly - you need that recovery flash drive as a fail safe backup.

Then you can do an F9 reset and put things back to the out of the box experience. And test the speakers without making any changes.

If you would please post Snipping Tool screen shots of the out of the box RealTek and Sound control panel settings for the Speakers - each tab - so we now how it is set out of the box.

That way you will have a known good base to work from.

AFAIK, things were working fine out of the box before updates, drivers, and your own tweakings / tuning. Let us step back and get it working out of the box, then recreate the changes you made to find out which one(s) broke function.

It may be that the version of Realtek HD Manager you have is a different branch than the ones with higher rev numbers online - the graphic is newer looking and not the same as I see on my G750, or anyone else's G750 - so you probably shouldn't download and install Realtek drivers from the G750 download areas, or from Realtek directly.

Please post what you see / find out
    Last edited by hmscott; 11-13-2014 at 11:00 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I NEVER changed anything. My sound was only through subwoofer out of box. Period. Only change I made was downloading new driver like I was told to by asus support

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast