cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xonar Phoebus Solo microphone noise. Which cards are affected?

Altair2
Level 7
Hi,
like most other people I have problems with the microphone channel on my Phoebus Solo. Even without load on my GPU I have the annnoying lawn mower/helicopter noise when speaking in TS or Skype. I returned my first card an got another, but the problem is still the same on the new one. I've heard of other people where the replacement solved this problem. Therefore I guess not all cards are effected by this defect. I tried alot of things to fix/diminish the noise (isolating the card against the case, placing it far away from the GPU etc.) but nothing works.
So I'm aksing if theres a way to determine if a card is affected by this problems? Maybe it's just an older revision or something like that? I'm tired of returning the second card again to get another defect one. Other than that I really like the sound of the Phoebus.

Thanks for the help.

Regards
1 REPLY 1

Dicehunter
Level 10
Altair2 wrote:
Hi,
like most other people I have problems with the microphone channel on my Phoebus Solo. Even without load on my GPU I have the annnoying lawn mower/helicopter noise when speaking in TS or Skype. I returned my first card an got another, but the problem is still the same on the new one. I've heard of other people where the replacement solved this problem. Therefore I guess not all cards are effected by this defect. I tried alot of things to fix/diminish the noise (isolating the card against the case, placing it far away from the GPU etc.) but nothing works.
So I'm aksing if theres a way to determine if a card is affected by this problems? Maybe it's just an older revision or something like that? I'm tired of returning the second card again to get another defect one. Other than that I really like the sound of the Phoebus.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Sadly it's pretty common, I've installed 5 Phoebus cards in various systems and all of them including my own have the lawn mower sound so I always end up using the mic port on the motherboards which eliminates it.