New ROGer Array

Xonar Phoebus Solo microphone noise. Which cards are affected?

Hi,
    like most other people I have problems with the microphone channel on my Phoebus Solo. Even without load on my GPU I have the annnoying lawn mower/helicopter noise when speaking in TS or Skype. I returned my first card an got another, but the problem is still the same on the new one. I've heard of other people where the replacement solved this problem. Therefore I guess not all cards are effected by this defect. I tried alot of things to fix/diminish the noise (isolating the card against the case, placing it far away from the GPU etc.) but nothing works.
    So I'm aksing if theres a way to determine if a card is affected by this problems? Maybe it's just an older revision or something like that? I'm tired of returning the second card again to get another defect one. Other than that I really like the sound of the Phoebus.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Dicehunter PC Specs
    Dicehunter PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900K @ 5.00GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB *4x8GB* 3600MHz
    Graphics Card #2Asus GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition @ 2000/6000
    Graphics Card #3Corsair Commander Pro
    Graphics Card #4Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub x 2
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster X AE-9 + Custom RGB Backplate
    MonitorAsus ROG Strix XG248Q 24" 1080P 240Hz
    Storage #1WD Black SN750 1TB + WD Heatsink
    Storage #2Western Digital Caviar Black 6TB + 6TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Pro + 6 x Corsair HDRGB 120mm Fans
    CaseCorsair 680 X - Red + 3 x Corsair HDRGB 120/140mm Fans
    Power SupplyCorsair RMi 1000w + Black Cablemod Kit
    Keyboard Asus ROG "Claymore 100%" RGB Cherry MX Blue + Black PBT Double Shot Keycaps
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Headset Sennheiser 660s
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm + DT990 Pro 250 Ohm
    OS Windows 10 - Professional 64 Bit Edition
    Accessory #1 Beyerdynamic Fox Pro + Mic Arm + Shock Mount
    Accessory #2 Corsair ST100 x 2
    Accessory #3 Asus ROG Spotlight

Quote Originally Posted by Altair2 View Post
    Hi,
    like most other people I have problems with the microphone channel on my Phoebus Solo. Even without load on my GPU I have the annnoying lawn mower/helicopter noise when speaking in TS or Skype. I returned my first card an got another, but the problem is still the same on the new one. I've heard of other people where the replacement solved this problem. Therefore I guess not all cards are effected by this defect. I tried alot of things to fix/diminish the noise (isolating the card against the case, placing it far away from the GPU etc.) but nothing works.
    So I'm aksing if theres a way to determine if a card is affected by this problems? Maybe it's just an older revision or something like that? I'm tired of returning the second card again to get another defect one. Other than that I really like the sound of the Phoebus.

Thanks for the help.

Regards
    Sadly it's pretty common, I've installed 5 Phoebus cards in various systems and all of them including my own have the lawn mower sound so I always end up using the mic port on the motherboards which eliminates it.