cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assassin Creed free game

thamann2000
Level 7
I saw the promotion on the website for buying certain Asus products and receiving Assassin's Creed for free. I bought the system two days before the promotion began. Would I have to return and rebuy my system to qualify for the promo, or because it is so close can someone just honor it for me? I bought the Asus ROG G751 CH-71. Thank you in advance.
10 REPLIES 10

Sagi
Level 7
I didn't get any promotion code with my order - I bought it 3days ago.
The King of the north!

HulkSmash
Level 8
I asked on amazon, if you bought it from there, the guy helping me said they email a code 7-10 bussiness days later...I'm just not sure if I should've contacted them, or nvidia...

X-ROG
Level 15
If you bought very recently, check with the place of purchase if you are eligible. ASUS doesn't give out the codes directly.

thamann2000
Level 7
Amazon told me to pound sand. They said if asus won't help me than never can they. Anywhere a person can escalate to at asus?

thamann2000 wrote:
Amazon told me to pound sand. They said if asus won't help me than never can they. Anywhere a person can escalate to at asus?

Amazon is a participant in the Nvidia Promotion. The codes come from Retailers - not Asus - or any other maker, just the guy who sells it to you.

Pick Your Path Bundle: Get Assassin’s Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, or The Crew For Free
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/pick-your-path-bundle

There are two promotions, both list Amazon - at least for the US.

Going to the bottom of that URL, there are 2 URL's listed for the 2 promotions, follow each URL to pick the country you purchased in, then click on that and find the Etailer/Retailer/etc you purchased from.

Pick Your Path Bundle
http://www.geforce.com/PickYourPath

Fall 2014 Free to Play Bundle
http://www.geforce.com/fall2014-free-to-play-bundle

If you haven't already purchased always make sure to ask about any free promotions you expect to receive - before giving them your money - get the code/promotion confirmation before giving them your money - or go elsewhere - trying to resolve this afterwards means lots of phone calls and escalating to managers or special services to finally get the code - good luck.

Update: Counter to Nvidia advertising, hardly any sellers are including laptops in the promotion. Only discrete graphics cards for desktops are getting the promotion.

"BUY A GEFORCE® GTX™ 980 OR 970 GPU, OR 980M OR 970M NOTEBOOK, AND CHOOSE YOUR FREE UBISOFT® GAME."
http://www.geforce.com/pick-your-path-game-bundle

I would complain to Ubitsot and contact them directly if the seller isn't supporting the promotion. Ask Ubisoft to follow through with the free game.

When I got my G750JH Assassin's Creed Edition I had to get my free copy from Ubisoft.

Contact Ubisoft 🙂

thamann2000
Level 7
Just so everyone knows if you buy the ch71 from Amazon they will tell you to GFYS. no help from Nvidia or asus either

Was anyone able to get their free code who purchased through Amazon? I haven't had any luck here either.... However I bought a GTX 980 for my Desktop PC and got that one instantly from Newegg.

bookedirl wrote:
Was anyone able to get their free code who purchased through Amazon? I haven't had any luck here either.... However I bought a GTX 980 for my Desktop PC and got that one instantly from Newegg.

Nope, I specifically contacted amazon customer service before purchasing the notebook via their chat and was told that if it wasn't listed on their promotions page on amazon then too bad, I was out of luck. Really sucks, since I was looking to upgrade my rig mostly to play AC Unity among other games.

I confirmed with the rep that amazon had absolutely no laptops that qualified for the free code, and only desktop graphic cards.

I checked the other links on the Nvidia promo page for the other shops, and only some of them like B&H include a couple eligible notebooks. Amazon and Newegg don't include any notebooks in the promo it seems.

bsod wrote:
Nope, I specifically contacted amazon customer service before purchasing the notebook via their chat and was told that if it wasn't listed on their promotions page on amazon then too bad, I was out of luck. Really sucks, since I was looking to upgrade my rig mostly to play AC Unity among other games.

I confirmed with the rep that amazon had absolutely no laptops that qualified for the free code, and only desktop graphic cards.

I checked the other links on the Nvidia promo page for the other shops, and only some of them like B&H include a couple eligible notebooks. Amazon and Newegg don't include any notebooks in the promo it seems.

bsod, so counter to Nvidia advertising, hardly any sellers are including laptops in the promotion. Only discrete graphics cards for desktops are getting the promotion.

"BUY A GEFORCE® GTX™ 980 OR 970 GPU, OR 980M OR 970M NOTEBOOK, AND CHOOSE YOUR FREE UBISOFT® GAME."
http://www.geforce.com/pick-your-path-game-bundle

I would complain to Ubisoft, contact them directly if the seller isn't supporting the promotion. Ask Ubisoft to follow through with the free game.

When I got my G750JH Assassin's Creed Edition I had to get my free Assassin's Creed Black Flag by contacting Ubisoft.

Contact Ubisoft, and please come back and let us know if that works. 🙂