Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G72GX upgrate need help

Retired
Not applicable
Need help !
Notebook Asus G72gx (G72gx-t660segvaw)
Chipset Intel Pm45
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo T6600(2.2GHz).
I want to set the processor of Intel Core 2 Extreme Qx9300(2.53GHz)
Question - is it compatible with my notebook?
Beforehand very beholden for an answer.Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
They are compatible from a socket standpoint and the T6600 is actually a newer release which means it *should* work but I don't know for sure if the microcode is in the BIOS for the Qx9300.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
what microcode?) is it needed to renew a bios ?

xeromist
Microcode allows you to run a specific CPU on your motherboard. There are many different CPU's so sometimes they don't all have the microcode needed to work. The Extreme should work because it came out before yours (it's older, but faster). The motherboard should support anything your CPU or older, but I don't know for sure.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
in theory yes it supports it, but whether or not the bios supports it, asus north america never tested it because we have never brought in that CPU.

the price of the cpu to performance ratio, you're better off selling your current notebook and buying a new one. you wont see any extreme gains. your gaming is depended more on the GPU