cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift: No sound options?

Simbiat
Level 9
So, from what I understood this monitor (as well as others with G-SYNC) do not have output for analog audio. I am currently using HDMI cable to deliver both video and audio to my monitor and audio is then transfered from monitor to speaker using the audio output jack on it.
If G-SYNC monitors has HDMI - that would not have been an issue: there are HDMI splitters to split into video-HDMI and audio (stereo or otherwise). But what can I do in case of DisplayPort? I do not want to use integrated audio, since It's worse than NVIDIA Audio... What are my option, if I do want to migrate to a G-SYNC monitor?
2 REPLIES 2

X-ROG
Level 15
G-Sync only supports DisplayPort, not HDMI. It does not support converters or splitters as it interferes with the timing required for G-Sync. This is a current limitation of the first-gen standard sorry. As far as I understand it does not support DP audio due to Nvidia's somewhat custom implementation of DP, using the audio-channel for further G-Sync data.

You could see about using a secondary port on the graphics card for HDMI audio pass-thru to a decoder, or MB S/PDIF output.

Simbiat
Level 9
using secondary port will require creation of virtual secondary monitor in Windows, as far as I understand. Well, I guess I'll wait on G-Sync for now.