cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor performance with my G750JS - (terrible) PassMark results attached

KevinRoG
Level 7
After experiencing poor performance playing MInecraft (laggy, low fps - even on low video settings), and issues recording gameplay (laggy, low fps), I ran a PassMark performance test (this seemed the simplest way to see if my system was ok). Here are the results:

http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V8/display.php?id=31667354492

As you can see, they suck! I paid $3000 for my laptop (G750JS) and expected much better.

I have had my laptop for several months now and it was only recently that I started to notice poor/low fps and game lag. I've also done several gameplay recordings and only recently have I experience stuttery playback.

Would welcome any input. Thank you
7 REPLIES 7

Ginseng
Level 7
Hi Kevin! If your laptop worked fine for months and only recently started to work bad I would check if maybe you got a virus, your laptop temperatures, if you installed something that it's acting weird, or if maybe there are some tasks running in background etc...

The only thing I can think about, after running some scans with your antivirus, check the drivers and temperatures and cleaning the hard drive from temporary files and stuff, would be to try to run a System Restore from Windows if noone of the other things was bad. If you can restore your system to a point (date) when your pc was working fine, you will lose the software you installed from that date to today and the configurations aswell... you will not, however, lose the files you saved on the pc.

Not sure if this will work for you, but you can give it a try.

Ginseng

skajuan
Level 7
Hey bro, i have the g750js (12gb ram, no ssd) and im also have that problem with performance but only with common tasks, and startup proccesses. This is the third time i restore the system and even leave it without any bloatware unnecesary, but the speed its not what im expected. The next step its to check if by installing a ssd drive the system will run fast. I'm comparing my laptop with a Dell Touch that only has 4gb ram, and believe it or not runs faster and smoother than the g750js, thats not right men. My suggestion for you is to perform a clean install of whatever your system is (mine is w8.1) and install only the basic drivers needed and see if that make the system runs fast. Good luck

KevinRoG
Level 7
Thanks for the advice. I am backing up my system right now with the intention of doing a complete reinstall. Will let you guys know the result.

FYI... I played Minecraft on my inferior desktop PC (integrated graphics!) and the fps was twice my G750JS. Go figure.

DuffmasterFresh
Level 7
Ricght-Click the battery icon, click on Power4Gear Hybrid, then click on Performance mode. Might fix it. Forever I would have my laptop on power saver and it sucked at everything, I had no idea what was wrong. Finally I figured it out.

skajuan
Level 7
Power4gear its great in deed but the performance stills lacks of smoothness even in High Performance mode. So the problem its still there, i beginning to think that this model of the g750 series its not well optimized for end users

samboy87
Level 9
KevinRoG wrote:
After experiencing poor performance playing MInecraft (laggy, low fps - even on low video settings), and issues recording gameplay (laggy, low fps), I ran a PassMark performance test (this seemed the simplest way to see if my system was ok). Here are the results:

http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V8/display.php?id=31667354492

As you can see, they suck! I paid $3000 for my laptop (G750JS) and expected much better.

I have had my laptop for several months now and it was only recently that I started to notice poor/low fps and game lag. I've also done several gameplay recordings and only recently have I experience stuttery playback.

Would welcome any input. Thank you

you need to check your settings. here is from my Pc.. http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V8/display.php?id=32012064595

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Are you sure it's your GPU that's running the game?