ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array izzyreb02 PC Specs
    izzyreb02 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processor9900X
    Memory (part number)32 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DRR4 3200Mhz/F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 2080 OC
    Sound CardSound Blaster AE-5
    MonitorMG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 512 M.2
    Storage #22x 2TB WD HDD (DATA), 6TB WD (Games)
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360mm
    CaseThermaltake View 71 Tempered Glass
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Gold 1200Watt
    Keyboard Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Logitech PowerPlay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U

Had this card about a year, but now losing its quality

Hey everyone, I had this sound card since 9th of August of 2013. It was serving me alright during the period of time, even when using Dolby V4 at the time.

Yes I know the sound card needs better drivers and I cant agree more. But during the past week, its been losing its tune and quality, even when I play video clips or youtube. When I skip the video parts through the scene I want to watch, the audio quality volume went from high to low for unknown reason and I was using 44hz and 48hz sample rate on 24bit.

It never did that before when I first used it. I cant use S/PDIF to use Dolby Digital Live due to driver bugs when using it, since it pops or my music cuts out time to time when I use that. My other previous sound cards never did that to me before so I couldn't use S/PDIF.

Then Dolby V4 wasn't fully working properly on speakers virtualization on all my speakers, like how it used to work before. So i have no idea what's going on there. I even tried clean uninstall and reinstall and yep I disabled and uninstall onboard sound drovers, before installing the Phoebus drivers on.

Then I get crackle/pop here an there on certain task I use sometimes.

So now just 2 days from now, I purchase D2x from Gamedudes (In Australia) and Echelon Xonar U7 (but i haven't received it yet) but since I was using Uni Xonar with DHT v4 on the Xonar D2x it was running way better than the Phoebus was.

But since I'll be having 2 sound cards (U7 and currently using Xonar D2x), how am I going to RMA my Phoebus. cause on Gamedudes they only offer 12 months warranty and this sound card states it should have 3 year warranty by Asus.

So I got stumbled on what my options are or what can i do.
    Last edited by izzyreb02; 11-13-2014 at 02:09 PM.

Hello

If it is felt there is an issue with the card that requires a RMA request this at ASUS.com for your location.