cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rampage v extreme BIOS loop problem

zscorp
Level 7
hi guys,

i just bought my computer parts yesterday i connected all the parts and when i start the machine it goes to bios and keeps looping and i can't access windows, i even updated my bios to the latest version.

my comp specs:
asus rampage v extreme
corsair lpx 32gb ram
kingston ssd 120gb
corsair h105 cooler
asus gtx 780
seasonic 760 platinum psu

plz help me
tks in advance
26 REPLIES 26

Chino
Level 15
What's the exact model of your Kingston SSD? And I'm assuming you're trying to use a previous installation of Windows?

zscorp
Level 7
yah i m trying to use pre installation. kingston hyper 120gb
now i m trying to reinstall the windows using usb but i can't boot from there too 😞

zscorp wrote:
yah i m trying to use pre installation. kingston hyper 120gb
now i m trying to reinstall the windows using usb but i can't boot from there too 😞

As soon as you see the ASUS logo pop up during post, spam the F8 key. A window will appear showing you a list of devices you can boot from. Select the entry for your USB pendrive that has the Windows installer.

Chino wrote:
As soon as you see the ASUS logo pop up during post, spam the F8 key. A window will appear showing you a list of devices you can boot from. Select the entry for your USB pendrive that has the Windows installer.

running into a similar issue here, after 6 months of no problems i woke up my pc starting in bios only.
did the f8 key thing and changed the boot decice, when i select my E2: samsung SSD 850 pro 1TB it starts up normally in windows as ever before.

but when i restart the pc it goes into bios again automatically.
thing is in bios, at boot priority, my SSD doesnt show so i cant seem to switch it.

anybody knows what to do?

romax wrote:
running into a similar issue here, after 6 months of no problems i woke up my pc starting in bios only.
did the f8 key thing and changed the boot decice, when i select my E2: samsung SSD 850 pro 1TB it starts up normally in windows as ever before.

thing is in bios, at boot priority, my SSD doesnt show so i cant seem to switch it.

lol i came to this forum to see if others were having this issue and what do you know!

this started happeneing to me like 3 weeks ago, randomly my PC won't detect my boot drive and it will do this bios loop. Only way around is by booting it to my SSD via bios but sometimes when I restart it works just fine..

I thought my SSD was failing or something but now that I'm seeing others post about it, im wondering if this is a bios issue?

romax wrote:

bumpi

romax wrote:

Check the Boot Device list in the BIOS. Make sure your SSD/HDD with the OS is the first entry. 🙂

Raja
Level 13
Have you set the USB drive with the Windows installer on it as the primary BOOT device?

Avenger411
Level 10
you could also check if usb support is on in the bios and then hit F8 while booting then select your usb et voila 🙂
Cpu : Intel 5930K@4.25ghz@1.2v / Cache @4.25ghz@1.20v
Cpu Cooler : Corsair H100i
Case : Corsair 780T
Memory : G.Skills 32GB DDR4-3200mhz CAS 15-15-15-35-1T@1.370v
Motherboard : Asus Rampage V Extreme (BIOS 3504)
M2 : Samsung 950 Pro NVME 512gb (Gaming)
M2 : SSD1 : OCZ RD400A 128gb (windows)
SSD1 : Crucial MX100 512gb (data)
Gfx : EVGA Titan X w/ 980 Hybrid Cooling AiO Liquid Cooler
PSU : Antec HCP-1000W
Monitor : Asus RoG Swift