Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with dowloading drivers for G74SX 3D

ricksaint
Level 8
New user. Great site!
Just bought a G74 3D, canadian version.
I am planning to do a clean install on SSD. Trying to download the driver and application disc on this page: http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?1150-G73-74-53-Series-Driver-and-Application-Reference, but the link doesn't work.
Is there an alternate link for it? What else can I do?
Asus G74SX-DH73-3D, Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM, Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64-bit - 14gb of RAM,
Clean install on 128gb Crucial M4 SSD + 750gb WD 7200 rpm HDD for storage,
Blu-ray™ ROM/DVD±RW combo drive, 3 GB (dedicated) NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 560M graphics, driver v. 285.62, 3D Capable.
BIOS ver 203
4 REPLIES 4

BrodyBoy
Level 10
ricksaint wrote:
New user. Great site!
Just bought a G74 3D, canadian version.
I am planning to do a clean install on SSD. Trying to download the driver and application disc on this page: http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?1150-G73-74-53-Series-Driver-and-Application-Reference, but the link doesn't work.
Is there an alternate link for it? What else can I do?

Those links are down, as the person who hosts them is currently "offline." You should have gotten a driver disc with your machine. There are usually newer drivers than the ones on those disc anyway, so you're probably better off just downloading the individual drivers you need.

ricksaint
Level 8
Any idea when she'll be back?
I have the driver DVD but I have read here that I shouldn't use them as they are outdated.
Asus G74SX-DH73-3D, Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM, Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64-bit - 14gb of RAM,
Clean install on 128gb Crucial M4 SSD + 750gb WD 7200 rpm HDD for storage,
Blu-ray™ ROM/DVD±RW combo drive, 3 GB (dedicated) NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 560M graphics, driver v. 285.62, 3D Capable.
BIOS ver 203

BrodyBoy
Level 10
SHe works for Asus now, so she'll be back (at some point) in a different capacity.

Yes, the driver disc is kind of pointless because it's generally outdated, as you mention. So just get the important drivers individually. It's much faster anyway, because that driver disc download is huge and takes a long time. (Just to get the same outdated disc Asus ships....)

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi and Welcome to ROG forums site 😄

You can find your drivers (that would be on the disc) on Asus support under:

Utilities
* Power4Gear Hybrid Utility
* Asus Virtual Camera Utility (The Camera driver must be installed)
* Creative THX_MUI driver
* NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver

USB
* USB3.0 Driver

ATK
* ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utlilities

If your 3D won't work you could try to download the drivers 266.66 from Nvidia 😉
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205