cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Posedion GTX 980?

santz76
Level 8
I currently have 2 posedion 780's but want to upgrade to 980's, and noticed the 980 version is coming soon but my question is rumors say they will be priced at roughly $1000.00 US, does anybody know if this is True? I love my posedions and wish to stick with asus for 980's but if the price is what rumors say Im swaying to the evga 980 classified's at $700.00
9 REPLIES 9

ConkersGrillfor
Level 9
That pricetag seems more like a placeholder. Release date is set to November, some more days and you will know the real price to acquire one or two of them. I guess that card will hit the market with a pricetag between 599$ and 699$. 😉
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |
Laptop: Samsung 940X3G | i7-4500U | 8Gb RAM | 256Gb SSD | 13.3" 3200x1800 |

ConkersGrillforce1337 wrote:
That pricetag seems more like a placeholder. Release date is set to November, some more days and you will know the real price to acquire one or two of them. I guess that card will hit the market with a pricetag between 599$ and 699$. 😉
i sure hope so hopefully its out before the holidays as i usually spoil myself a little before christmas! so hope newegg has it sooner than later!!!

Gawlron
Level 7
I'm with you on that... I've been on the hunt for MSRP since the last week of November. I'd like to upgrade from my 3x 680s with 2 of these and put them into my water loop. If I hear anything, I'll post back here.

I had sent an email to Canada Computers, but they don't seem to have a SKU for it. They said they wouldn't be able to accommodate my request, which confuses me a bit.
ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION | INTEL i7 4930K | G.SKILLZ RIPJAW X 32GB | ASUS STRIX GTX 980 TWO-WAY SLI | CUSTOM WATER COOLING
RIP

Gawlron wrote:
I'm with you on that... I've been on the hunt for MSRP since the last week of November. I'd like to upgrade from my 3x 680s with 2 of these and put them into my water loop. If I hear anything, I'll post back here.

I had sent an email to Canada Computers, but they don't seem to have a SKU for it. They said they wouldn't be able to accommodate my request, which confuses me a bit.

Ya doesn't make sense they announced the matrix on wed and now some European retailers have it for pre order, but still no word on Poseidon!! I hope it comes to the state before Christmas, I sure wish American web stores did preorders like other countries do!!! But if I hear something I will post here as well!!!

Gawlron
Level 7
I'm going bonkers waiting...
ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION | INTEL i7 4930K | G.SKILLZ RIPJAW X 32GB | ASUS STRIX GTX 980 TWO-WAY SLI | CUSTOM WATER COOLING
RIP

Gawlron
Level 7
Santz76 ... I totally caved today.
RIP

santz76
Level 8
Lol don't blame you, very nice cards Gawlron, I'm running 2 poseidon 780's but have to hold on for a few more days!!!!! Lol

Sharklasers
Level 7
Does anyone have an idea which materials are used in the water carrying parts of the cooler?

I currently run a copper only loop and that wouldn't mix well with aluminium since they are too far apart on the galvanic spectrum.

Thanks.

Gawlron
Level 7
I believe it is nickel/copper alloy. I have copper rads and nickel water blocks in my loop. No problems here with corrosion.
RIP