cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So... anyone bought a G751 that WORKS PERFECTLY out of the box? No issues?

Richdog
Level 7
We have a couple of thread for the awful (and quite frankly unforgivable) speaker issues, and I have read a lot of reports of problems with the WLAN 7260 module too.

What I want to know is, does anyone have an ASUS G751 where the speakers DO WORK properly in 2.1 sound, and where the WLAN is holding a fast and stable connection?

Reading about these issues are making me feel like I want to get a refund on my (as yet uncollected) machine, so I am eager to hear from people who DO have machines that are working as intended! 😞
33 REPLIES 33

seagle7
Level 7
Richdog wrote:
We have a couple of thread for the awful (and quite frankly unforgivable) speaker issues, and I have read a lot of reports of problems with the WLAN 7260 module too.

What I want to know is, does anyone have an ASUS G751 where the speakers DO WORK properly in 2.1 sound, and where the WLAN is holding a fast and stable connection?

Reading about these issues are making me feel like I want to get a refund on my (as yet uncollected) machine, so I am eager to hear from people who DO have machines that are working as intended! 😞

Well, I'm tempted to say yes, as a matter of fact, only poeple who have problems would post to signal it, the others just won't.
Mine is working great, I just have a minor issue with my ssd array where one disk works only at 3Gb/s but it seems to be a disk related issue, like I replaced the original disks, I can't blame Asus for this...

What I can say on the other hand is that, I see a lot of videos, forums, where poeple seem to be very happy with their products and I am one of them 🙂

QC_AGENT
Level 7
Mine was perfect until I find that the Webcam/microphone was dead out of the box. I just sent it back for an RMA exange. I'm so worried about getting another faulty machine in exange...

However I won't cancel my order (cause I still can ask for a complete refund) I experienced what this incredible machine can do and I definitely want it back. I Will RMA until I get one that is fine.

bookedirl
Level 7
So far I have had 2 JT models. One with non functional mouse buttons and one with a spacebar not registering keys.
I didn't really notice an issue with sound but I normally wear headphones... I'll be checking on the next one.

BullFinch
Level 7
I have a JT-CH71 from Amazon. Till this point the machine has no problem apart from a slightly pitchy speaker, but I don't know how a ROG speaker sound in real life though since this is my first ROG after 8 years of Mac.

irablumberg
Level 7
I have a JY that I got 3 days ago. So far it seems perfect. I have run Shadows of Mordor and it looks great and sounds very nice. I have not tested everything. For instance, I have no idea if the webcam and microphone work as I don't usually use these things.

All the major stuff works fine. The keyboard is fine, the display has no bad pixels, the disk drives work properly, the tack pad and buttons are good, WiFi is fast and reliable after a driver update, ethernet port works, battery charges quickly and seems to have good life, etc.

Overall, a very nice system with excellent performance. It hits higher benchmark numbers than my desktop with an AMD R9-290 GPU on Shadows of Mordor.

HulkSmash
Level 8
JT-CH71 working perfectly from amazon!

BRSxIgnition
Level 9
Hulk, do you want to be the hero of this board and see if installing the Realtek Audio Drivers from the ASUS G751JT support site does anything to your speakers?

Seeing as yours are working fine and we think that the drivers may be causing the "Subwoofer-only-Sound" issue, we need someone with working speakers to test it. Only if you can restore afterwards, of course.

BRSxIgnition wrote:
Hulk, do you want to be the hero of this board and see if installing the Realtek Audio Drivers from the ASUS G751JT support site does anything to your speakers?

Seeing as yours are working fine and we think that the drivers may be causing the "Subwoofer-only-Sound" issue, we need someone with working speakers to test it. Only if you can restore afterwards, of course.

BRSxIgnition, shouldn't we ask Hulk what version of the Realtek drivers are installed out of the box? It would be nice to know what version is working, before he installs the new version, also so he can back up to it if the new version doesn't work 🙂

hmscott wrote:
BRSxIgnition, shouldn't we ask Hulk what version of the Realtek drivers are installed out of the box? It would be nice to know what version is working, before he installs the new version, also so he can back up to it if the new version doesn't work 🙂

Actually, someone PM'd me last week and mentioned theirs came with Realtek Audio v7348, which seems to be a newer driver actually.

I tried installing it but it didn't do anything.

QC_AGENT wrote:
Ignition, After I foud Out that my embedded microphones/webcam were not working, I went to the Asus support and installed the Realtek Drivers Version V6.0.1.7335.

It did not change anything. The speakers were fine though before AND after. I also updated two chipset intel drivers. Everything else was up to date.

My Laptop is a G751JY-DH73-CA. Actually out for an RMA exange

Hmmm... Odd.. I wonder why the issue is only happening with some of them then.. Maybe it is simply focused on the JT-line?