cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advise x99 Motherboard

GamerBoy
Level 7
Dear Friends,

I am going to upgrade my Motherboard and I need advise. Please advise which mob is best in Performance, Overclocking, Gaming and in Beauty.

1. Asus x99 Deluxe
2. MSI x99s XPower AC
3. Gigabyte GA-x99-Gaming G1 WIFI

Please advise me ASAP it will be a very big favor and help.

Regards,
8 REPLIES 8

ConkersGrillfor
Level 9
GamerBoy wrote:
I am going to upgrade my Motherboard and I need advise.,

?!? :confused: Replace only the motherboard?!? :confused: Intel X99 boards require a Haswell-E CPU (i7-5960X,i7-5930K or i7-5820K) and DDR4 RAM. I hope you know that.
That leads me to the question, what other components will you use with this build? storage? graphics?...
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |
Laptop: Samsung 940X3G | i7-4500U | 8Gb RAM | 256Gb SSD | 13.3" 3200x1800 |

ConkersGrillforce1337 wrote:
?!? :confused: Replace only the motherboard?!? :confused: Intel X99 boards require a Haswell-E CPU (i7-5960X,i7-5930K or i7-5820K) and DDR4 RAM. I hope you know that.
That leads me to the question, what other components will you use with this build? storage? graphics?...

I am going for i7 5930k and Kingston ddr ram just I need to know about mob.

01_Wolverine
Level 12
The best is Asus X99 Extreme v bar none

Here is TTLs review

http://youtu.be/oBa8UokMhLA

GamerBoy wrote:
I am going for i7 5930k and Kingston ddr ram just I need to know about mob.

Ok...Well all three motherbaords are priced in the range of 340-380$.
I like the Asus X99 Deluxe and MSIs X99 XPOWER AC, especially because they follow another color scheme, than that widely common red/black design.
In terms of performance I would say, they perform pretty much the same and you will have no problems with overclocking your CPU.
Support is guaranteed from both suppliers, Asus and MSI regularly release BIOS updates on their boards.
As long as you don't need to many SATA ports and you're not in need of a second SATA Express, I would choose MSIs X99S XPOWER AC.
😉

01 Wolverine wrote:
The best is Asus X99 Extreme v bar none

Here is TTLs review

http://youtu.be/oBa8UokMhLA

The Rampage V Extreme is surely one of the best X99 motherbaords, but you have to keep in mind that it cost 100$ more compared to the three motherboards listed above.
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |
Laptop: Samsung 940X3G | i7-4500U | 8Gb RAM | 256Gb SSD | 13.3" 3200x1800 |

The Rampage V Extreme is surely one of the best X99 motherbaords, but you have to keep in mind that it cost 100$ more compared to the three motherboards listed above.

Yes, buy once cry once

but in the long run it will be cheaper.The Rampage V extreme will last for a good 4-5 years,especially with a 5930k

How long before your upgrade?? Look at your setup !! You won't be changing for quite a while

abvolt
Level 11
The RVE would be my only choice..
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

Axle_Grease
Level 7
I've read impartial reviews of all those boards and many more. The R5E won out which is obviously why I'm now registered to this ROG forum. You really should base your decision on impartial reviews, NOT, for example, go to the Gigabyte forum to ask Gigabyte mobo owners which board they favour... the msi, asus, ..........or the gigabyte. You KNOW what they're going to pick.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." -- Unknown

Antronman
Level 10
Rampage V Extreme is easily the best one. You wouldn't regret it, but the benefits might not be immense.

However, the quality you get just buying the Deluxe is already incredible, and you'll have a lot of headway with it. Not to mention that if you don't want red in your color scheme, the Deluxe is all neutral colors (white on black) and will work with pretty much any other color.

The Rampage V Extreme is the extreme enthusiast's choice. Unless you're doing sub-ambient OCing, you won't really notice much of a difference. Except the reputation of course 🙂
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me