cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g751 jt left usb problem

Carl_Fredrik
Level 7
when i start up the laptop i will almoust everytime have to pull out my mice (katana) and put it back in to be found by the laptop.
Its working fine until i shut the laptop of and on again.

Im using win 8.1 and cant find any conflicts on my usb ports.
17 REPLIES 17

bookedirl
Level 7
Try Advanced Power Options > USB Settings > USB selective suspend setting and choose disabled. I believe I had this same issues and this solved it. Is it the left USB closest to the palm rest or screen?

Carl_Fredrik
Level 7
I have that setting to disabled but it keeps happening, any other solution? Its the usb closest to screen that im having the problem wiht, the other one works fine

thx for reply

Nikola
Level 7
Carl Fredrik wrote:
when i start up the laptop i will almoust everytime have to pull out my mice (katana) and put it back in to be found by the laptop.
Its working fine until i shut the laptop of and on again.

Im using win 8.1 and cant find any conflicts on my usb ports.

I have same problem , update bios 205 can't fix my problem " pull out my mice and put it back many times "

dao_s33k3r
Level 7
I have the same problem. Did you manage to get by this ?

BIOS: 205

dapogz
Level 8
Hello,

Please see my solution Click Here Post #364, Hope this helps you

@pokerface Well if this goes on since G75VW then it's a matter of stupidity in my opinion. It's one thing to discover the problem after launching and another to have the same problem to multiple generations and not fix it.
@dapogz They are new SATA 3 disks but the same thing happens no matter what I connect to those ports IE a laptop cooler and a memory stick or two memory sticks.

dao_s33k3r
Level 7
Hi dapogz , unfortunately id did not make a difference. If connect a HDD or memory stick to one of the two ports, it works as expected but when I insert another HDD or stick into the second port the speed drops or halts or even freezes my laptop. So adding more power drain to that PCIX lane kills it.

dao_s33k3r wrote:
Hi dapogz , unfortunately id did not make a difference. If connect a HDD or memory stick to one of the two ports, it works as expected but when I insert another HDD or stick into the second port the speed drops or halts or even freezes my laptop. So adding more power drain to that PCIX lane kills it.

Welcome to the world of ASUS 😉 USB 3.0 problems since the G75VW and still ongoing! their engineers cannot produce a quality laptop that just works, plain and simple
ALIENWARE 18 Laptop
CPU: Intel Core i7-4900MQ CPU @ 3.8 GHz (8MB Cache)
Graphics: Dual GeForce GTX 780M SLI 2x4 GB GDDR5 RAM
Sound: Realtek ALC668 HD Audio with Klipsch Speakers
Memory: 32 GB Kingston HyperX 1866 MHz DDR3 PC3-14900 RAM
Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256 GB SSD + Samsung 850 PRO 1 TB SSD + Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB mSATA SSD
Screen: Samsung LTM184HL01 18.4" WLED FHD (1920 X 1080) TrueLife Display PLS 16:9 1080p [SDC4C48]

dao_s33k3r wrote:

Hello,
Are you running on battery? sometimes when i connect my very old 80gb seagate on the USB on the left.(on battery) it slows or sometimes disconnects because the power on the left USB side cant support the hardrive needed power when on battery.. but when plug in it works fine.. :rolleyes: dont knoew the real problem but it makes me think that, the left USB is maybe short on voltage. because the right USB has a powerplug which outputs more voltage and still output current even on off (i can still charge my phone - using it as powerbank 😉 )