Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

@di Valenti
    The usb 3.0 problem is about the speed a usb 3.0 compatible is running on the g751j*.
    In addition, most people, even if they do get SuperSpeed ( aka usb 3.0 speed on the usb 3.0 port ) - they complain about hangups when transfer large amount of data when connecting external HDD in the left USB ports.
    Thus, you might don't feel any of these problems, because your system, although supports&works with USB 3.0 devices - the OS itself, LIMIT the trasfer speed to HIGH-SPEED ( aka USB 2.0 transfer speed ) on the USB 3.0 ports ( no matter which ).

To examine truly if a specific device connected on specific port is working at USB 3.0/2.0/1.1/1.0 speed - You can use HWinfo x64 and look at the "USB xHCI" tree and click on the device you're checking, and look for "device USB speed".
    ( watch the images through the URL I attached )

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

@Gps3dx - thanks... I will try it again in my free time.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cauleaalex View Post
    I`ve searched for solutions for this problem and I`ve found some drivers that also work on Windows 10 Pro x64 wich I`m currently using. You cand download the drivers from this link http://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-...nd-modded.html and search for >64bit Intel USB 3.0 Drivers v3.0.5.69 mod and signed by Fernando<. You will have to disable windows driver signature enforcement and install them one by one: first one is the intel usb 3.0 extensible host controler then usb 3.0 root hub.After installing the first one you will need to disable windows driver signature enforcement again to also install usb 3.0 root hub.Please contact me if any issues.Hope it will work for others with the same issue.
    Thanks a lot !!!!
    Now left USB 3.0 ports work flawlessly !!! And the best is that these drivers are signed !
    (Tried with Windows 10)

[edit]: you DON'T need to disable driver signature enforcement, if you read carefully the notes of the author, you have to install his own certificate, and then you can install the driver (controller first, reboot, and then the "unrecognized device" as USB Hub).

[edit 2]: Only the lower-left USB port still have some deconnection issues with external hard-drives, but works ok with USB 3.0 sticks ... might be related to power output ?
    Last edited by KmiKzee; 09-08-2015 at 04:16 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

@KmiKzee - related to edit 2
    So it does not solves anything... I have the same behavior using the built-in driver.

New ROGer Array

Sort of: before installing this driver, the 2 left USB ports were totally unusable with USB 3.0 peripherals.

Now, the only issue I have, only the lower-left port, is with "high consumption" USB 3.0 hard-drives witch disconnect instantly, but USB 3.0 pendrives now work correctly (I tried to transfer 4GB files from my sandisk 64GB, 90MB/s and no disconnection).

The top-left USB port have no more issue (so far ...) with all the peripherals I have tested.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

OK this might sound weird, but i have a g750JH, my problem with top left usb3.0 port, is that everytime i connect my WD ext HDD, WIFI stops working and i have to reconnect to my wifi (But the HDD still works fine)!!

After some troubleshooting, i came to conclusion that's its the killer driver (Killer performance suite) is the problem, so i just unistalled it. And installed the driver from a .INF file you can find here if you have killer wireless : http://www.killernetworking.com/supp...iver-downloads

And low and behold, no more wifi problems connected and disconnted my WD HDD and no problem !!, so i just think it might be worth a shot ??!!

Anyway, hope ASUS fixes this

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by FalconFX View Post
    OK this might sound weird, but i have a g750JH, my problem with top left usb3.0 port, is that everytime i connect my WD ext HDD, WIFI stops working and i have to reconnect to my wifi (But the HDD still works fine)!!

After some troubleshooting, i came to conclusion that's its the killer driver (Killer performance suite) is the problem, so i just unistalled it. And installed the driver from a .INF file you can find here if you have killer wireless : http://www.killernetworking.com/supp...iver-downloads

And low and behold, no more wifi problems connected and disconnted my WD HDD and no problem !!, so i just think it might be worth a shot ??!!

Anyway, hope ASUS fixes this
    Thats not this issue and not the right forum. We dont have killer wireless on the g751. Thanks for trying to help but this port will only confuse people.
    3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio

New ROGer Array

I bought my G751 JY ROG laptop a month ago (win 8.1 x64). and the upper left USB disconnects all the time, especially 5-10 minutes after the ex-HDD plugged in.

at first, I thought this was my ex HDD fault, because not all of my HDD did this. I have 3 WD passport HDD, 2 of them disconnect all the time.

and now my right USB also disconnects with my WD My Book HDD, even not as often as the left USB.

After saw this thread, now I believe that the fault is at my ROG laptop, not my HDD. even the newest type also have the some problem.

and ASUS still not giving any fix for this?
    Last edited by wahyudil; 09-20-2015 at 06:59 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I never really had an issue with the left USB ports because I rarely used them. For the last month or so, I've been troubleshooting why my FrSky Taranis radio doesn't seem to want to accept the new firmware or even download/upload basic settings. I'm sure it's only running USB 2.0 so I never though to consider the ports as the actual problem until today, when I realized that everything works perfectly when plugged into the right USB ports. A month of screwing around with drivers and software tweaks only to find out is a hardware issue??? Frustrating!

Has anyone else had problems just getting the USB ports to work properly with USB 2.0 devices? I did notice, when looking at the Device Manager within windows 10, that the page kept refreshing every 10-20 seconds...that should have been a clue!

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by fidelity101 View Post
    Has anyone else had problems just getting the USB ports to work properly with USB 2.0 devices?
    Why did you conclude that's a HW problem ?
    based on your details, it sounds like an driver/OS problem....
    check to see it this problem exist OUT SIDE of windows:
    Have you tried to boot on these usb ports a portable windows / booable windows install usb / bootable linux distro like ubuntu ?
    have you tried to use these usb ports while working with ubuntu ( no need to install -> run a "live" disk )

Quote Originally Posted by fidelity101 View Post
    I did notice, when looking at the Device Manager within windows 10, that the page kept refreshing every 10-20 seconds...that should have been a clue!
    that sounds like a crappy upgrade from win 7/8/8.1 -> win10 ! ( MS is to blame... )
    To try to solve this... download Device Cleanup Tool, run it and AT MINIMUM delete any USB related items this app find. ( it's BETTER TO DELETE EVERYTHING, as this app returns all the NON-present devices that was previously installed )

Plus... check under device manager under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" whether your sata AHCI driver provider is Microsoft....
    If it is indeed MS... again... blame their crappy old driver...
    Try to install intel's AHCI driver from HERE OR from HERE.

I use "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller" version 14.6.0.1029 currently on my win10 x64 ( plus I've got USB 3.0 speed on all ports WITHOUT any hangouts.... seach this thread for more info & guides I and others wrote )

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast