Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Because of my guides-writing-mania... here's a step ordered guide for windows 10.
    ( a hybride of my older win 8.1 guide and my win 10 remarks )
    For windows 8.1 guide, READ HERE

G751 Win 10 x64 Guide:
    HOW TO GET THE USB PORTS & HUBS TO RUN @USB 3.0 SUPERSPEED,
    WITH NO HANG-UPS DURING FILE TRANSFER!!!

1. Download "64bit Intel USB 3.0 Drivers v4.0.0.36 WHQL for Win7" ( FROM HERE ) and extract it. (Credit&Source:Fernando from win-raid forums)
      EDIT:
      Use WINRAID forum's files from HERE, can be found under "D. Intel USB..." -> "modded drivers" -> x64 version of course.
      NOTE THAT YOU MIGHT NEED TO MOD THE INF AS I WROTE IN A PREVIOUS POST ! ( since v4.0.0.36 works, I check it my self, I WON'T update the INF regularly )
      I didn't test newer versions nor USB 3.1 drivers ( please report if works + the version you use )
    2. OPTIONAL - IF YOU GOT INSTALLATION PROBLEM DUE TO BAD INF -
      Download the attached zip (DOWNLOAD: iusb3xhc+ iusb3hub for v4.0.0.36.zip) with MODDED "iusb3xhc.inf", "iusb3hub.inf", extract & overwrite the existing inf found in "Controller Driver - as first" & "Hub Driver - as second" accordingly.
    3. IMPORTANT STEP: reboot with "disabled driver signature enforcement" mode. (HOW TO GUIDE)
      If you use win-raid forums note that these drivers are "modded, but digitally signed drivers can be installed with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up (incl. Win8.1/10) and are suitable for all Intel Chipset Systems from 7-Series up" - so there's no need any more to reboot into "disabled driver signature enforcement" mode.
      For that to happen - you MUST enter "Win-RAID CA Certificate" folder ( you extract it with the driver zip, win-raid forums providing ) and run the CMD script as ADMIN BEFORE you continue to install the drivers.
    4. While in "disabled driver signature enforcement" mode, Open Device manager, look under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
      "Force install" the INF from "Controller Driver - as first" folder onto "intel(R) USB eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)"
      • Please note that when forcing the device manager to install drive you'll ONLY SUCCEED if you choose "browse" NOT the 1st time that it appears.
        Thus, the correct order to "force install": right click on a device -> update drive...->Browse my computer ->Let me pick ->Have Disk...-> browse and select the modded driver !

5. Search for "USB Root Hub (xHCI)" device, then "Force install" the INF from "Hub Driver - as second" folder.
      * If you need to pick a driver from a list choose: "Intel(R) USB 3.0 Root Hub"
    6. IF YOU GOT AN EXTERNAL USB 3.0 HUB (like this) - Do the last step "force install" to any "USB HUB" (NOT "USB ROOT HUB").
      * This time if you need to pick a driver from a list choose: "USB 3.0 Hub".
    7. Reboot !
    8. After reboot, the device manager should look like this:
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USB3.0_Afterwards.png 
Views:	159 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	51818
    9. The right and left ports should works as @USB 3.0 SUPERSPEED for compatible devices, WITHOUT any hangs-up whatsoever during file transfer.
    10. You can Check with HWinfo64, that indeed each USB 3.0 compatible device works @USB 3.0 SUPERSPEED by opening the xHCI tree within HWinfo64 (see photo) and looking at "USB device speed".

Name:	USB_HUB_WORKS2.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	208.6 KB 
ID:	51820

Last notes:
    • This method was tested on G751JT with Win 10 x64 HOME RTM (v10240).
      IT *MIGHT* work just as good for win7/8/8.1 as well - BUT I DID NOT TEST IT.
      So if it doesn't work on your G751JY/L/M - please read my REMARKS - cause your USB 3.0 devices HW ID might be different then the JT.
    • The forward left port (nearest to the touchpad) might cause hang-ups and slow transfer even though you've perform this guide -> NOT EVERY external USB storage device works on THE LEFT USB PORTS !
      Some does work - some doesn't - IT IS A HW RELATED ISSUE OF THE WAY THE USB PCB IS BUILD AND CONNECTED TO THE MAIN MOTHERBOARD !
      NO DRIVER IN THE WORLD CAN CHANGE THAT !
      ( to understand a bit more: SEE TEARDOWN pics of the G751 )
      The good news: Asus provided you with 3 more ports around your G751.
    • proof-of-concept: (test while a HUB 3.0 connected in the back-most left port, on that connected external USB 3.0 HDD, USB 2.0 mouse & usb 2.0 printer)

Name:	USB3.0_Win10_Proof.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	392.5 KB 
ID:	51821

PLEASE TEST AND REPORT IF YOU GOT SUCCESS AS WELL !!!!

------------------------------------------------------
    A *TWEAK/TRICK* DRIVER THAT ACCELERATES THE TRANSFER RATE AT LEAST TWICE !
    NOTES:
    • IT IS EXPERIMENTAL AS IT DOES NOT WORK WITH EVERY EXTERNAL STORAGE DEVICE ( no worries, it will work, but the trasfer rates wil just stay the same ).
    • It accelerates USB 2.0 storage devices as well, but as stated, I guess not every device.
    • THE GOOD NEWS: Once you've installed it, it will work only with the USB storage device you've installed it with, and this method should NOT interfere with any other USB devices internally or externally ( as any other USB device does NOT use this *special* driver )

After I read THIS ARTICLE, it gave me the idea to look for a way to implant it on our G751 -> I found one !
    "How to" install Guide using auto installer: *RECOMMENDED*
    1. Download from asus site, Z97-A / MAXIMUS VII HERO support page, the Win10 x64 "AISuite3 driver" & extract EVERYTHING.
    2. "Run as admin" the "AsusSetup.exe" and deselect EVERYTHING EXCEPT "USB 3.0 BOOST"
    3. REBOOT !
    4. Then, open start -> all programs -> asus -> AI Suite 3 -> right click "AI Suite 3" and apply permanent "administrator" privileges
    5. Run AI Suite 3, connect a USB storage device to your laptop, enter USB Boost menu and change it from "NORMAL" mode to "BOOST" mod ( BETTER: if you got a UASP supported USB storage device, try to use "UASP" mode ! )

"How to" MANUAL install Guide:
    1. Perform my above guide to the letter !
    2. Test transfer speed with same device in the same port - to have a reference data.
    3. Download from asus site, Z97-A / MAXIMUS VII HERO support page, the Win10 x64 "AISuite3 driver" & extract the "USB 3.1 Boost" folder from it.
    4. Open Device Manager
    5. Enter your external storage device to one of the G751's USB ports ( YES ALSO THE LEFT ONE NEAR YOU ! ) -> you'll get a "USB Mass Storage" line under USB tree in the Device Manager.
    6. Right click this "USB Mass Storage" -> "update driver.." -> Browse -> "Let me pick ..." -> "Have Disk" -> Point the driver to the previously extract "USB 3.1 Boost" folder and enter "UASDriver" folder -> OK -> Pick "Asustek..." under "Manufacturer" and select "ASUS USB 3.0 Boost Storage Driver".
    7. The USB device might be auto-unmount and auto-mount again.
    8. Now, You should be missing a "ASUS BOT Storage Driver" driver that suddenly appears under "Other devices".
      So manually install this "unknown" device the same way as above, only this time after "let me pick..." -> "show all devices" -> "Have disk" -> browse to previously extract "USB 3.1 Boost\UASDriver" -> choose "ASUS BOT Storage Driver".
    9. The USB device might be auto-unmount and auto-mount again.
    10. If you're lucky, now the transfer speed to your external USB storage should be WAY FASTER !

Proof of concept: BEFORE Asus Boost driver: SAME USB device, SAME port, SAME file transferred

Name:	USB 3.1 Boost_BEFORE.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	52858
    Proof of concept: WORKING WITH Asus Boost driver: SAME USB device, SAME port, SAME file transferred

Name:	USB3.0_AFTER_BOOST.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	52856

List of tested ACCELERATED USB Storage Devices:
    • (usb 3.0)SANDISK ULTRA FIT 32GB
    • (usb 3.0)Toshiba Canvio 500 GB USB 3.0 (HDTB205XK3AA) CONTROLLER working with G751JT's internal HDD 1TB HGST HTS721010A9E630
    • (usb 2.0)SanDisk Cruser Contour 16GB

List of Devices with NO CHANGE in transfer speed:
    • (usb 3.0)SanDisk Ultra 3.0 16GB

Credits for the development & idea: Asus (of course) & Andrew Ku from tomshardware.com

New ROGer Array

Hi, unfortunately this doesn't seem to work on my asus g751jt... It's the same with MS driver or with modded driver. Lower left USB 3.0 port just doesnt work correctly. Tested with PAtriot supersonic USB 3.0 16GB USB key.
    Other ports (upper left and both right ones) work ok.
    Thanks for the guide though, it was worth trying.
    cheers

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI EXTREME
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)32gb GSkill FlareX 3200mhzC14
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE 1080 ti EXTREME
    Monitor55" UHDR 4K TV
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 NVME 500GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 951 M.2 PCIe AHCI 512GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT kRAKEN X62
    CaseCOOLERMASTER MAKER 5T
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM850X
    Keyboard LOGITECH K850 WIRELESS BACKLIT
    Mouse LOGITECH M570 TRACKBALL WIRELESS
    Headset 2.4GHz Wireless Headphones with Detachable Mic and Rechargeable Battery
    Mouse Pad LOLOLOLOLOLOL....
    Headset/Speakers VIZIO SOUND BAR, SUBWOOFER AND SURROUND SPEAKERS
    OS WIN 10 PRO

it worked for me, according to hwinfo64, but how can i actually test the port? if i don't have any usb 3.0 superspeed devices, i guess there is no way to test it until i get one? anyway, thanks for the thread.
    CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME - 55-inch UHD 4k Display - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - NZXT Kraken X62 - 7 CoolerMaster/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 32GB GSkill FlareX 3200Mhz DDR4 - Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Samsung 951 M.2 AHCI 512GB - Samsung EVO 840 1TB SSD - Crucial MX100 SATA 3 500GB SSD - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech K350 wireless wave keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 10 Pro Fall Creators Edition

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by bowl76 View Post
    Hi, unfortunately this doesn't seem to work on my asus g751jt... It's the same with MS driver or with modded driver. Lower left USB 3.0 port just doesnt work correctly. Tested with PAtriot supersonic USB 3.0 16GB USB key.
    Other ports (upper left and both right ones) work ok.
    Thanks for the guide though, it was worth trying.
    cheers
    I can agree with you only partially:
    When I transfer a large file (~1.5GB) to USB 3.0 storage devices, I don't have any problem on any of the right ports and on the back-most ( nearest to the fan-output ).
    Only on the front-most port I get SOMETIMES a hangs-ups - but it depends on which USB 3.0 device I use.
    I can also see a clear change of transfer speed ( ~10MB/s Vs 50-100MB/s ) depends on the USB 3.0 device I use IN THE SAME PORT.

(EDIT: I even got an external 1TB HDD usb 3.0 that having issues like "Could Not Find This Item" error, ONLY when connected to the left-front USB port ! in all the other 3 ports - IT'S WORKING OK @superspeed !)

even so, I think that a 3/4 solution is better then what Asus or MS offers us.

Quote Originally Posted by AQUASTEVAE View Post
    it worked for me, according to hwinfo64, but how can i actually test the port? if i don't have any usb 3.0 superspeed devices, i guess there is no way to test it until i get one? anyway, thanks for the thread.
    You're correct, only when you'll have a USB 3.0 compatible device you'll be able to truly test this change ( having transfer speed of about 50-100MB/s, i.e 10-20 times faster then USB 2.0)

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI EXTREME
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)32gb GSkill FlareX 3200mhzC14
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE 1080 ti EXTREME
    Monitor55" UHDR 4K TV
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 NVME 500GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 951 M.2 PCIe AHCI 512GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT kRAKEN X62
    CaseCOOLERMASTER MAKER 5T
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM850X
    Keyboard LOGITECH K850 WIRELESS BACKLIT
    Mouse LOGITECH M570 TRACKBALL WIRELESS
    Headset 2.4GHz Wireless Headphones with Detachable Mic and Rechargeable Battery
    Mouse Pad LOLOLOLOLOLOL....
    Headset/Speakers VIZIO SOUND BAR, SUBWOOFER AND SURROUND SPEAKERS
    OS WIN 10 PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Gps3dx View Post

You're correct, only when you'll have a USB 3.0 compatible device you'll be able to truly test this change ( having transfer speed of about 50-100MB/s, i.e 10-20 times faster then USB 2.0)
    i have several usb 3.0 hdd's, and when i just transferred a 14 gb file, it did it at an average of 115gb/s. but what i was wondering about is having a usb 3.0 superspeed device, and how fast it would transfer.
    CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME - 55-inch UHD 4k Display - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - NZXT Kraken X62 - 7 CoolerMaster/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 32GB GSkill FlareX 3200Mhz DDR4 - Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Samsung 951 M.2 AHCI 512GB - Samsung EVO 840 1TB SSD - Crucial MX100 SATA 3 500GB SSD - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech K350 wireless wave keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 10 Pro Fall Creators Edition

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

NOTES:
    • IT IS EXPERIMENTAL AS IT DOES NOT WORK WITH EVERY EXTERNAL STORAGE DEVICE ( no worries, it will work, but the trasfer rates wil just stay the same ).
    • It accelerates USB 2.0 storage devices as well, but as stated, I guess not every device.
    • THE GOOD NEWS: Once you've installed it, it will work only with the USB storage device you've installed it with, and this method should NOT interfere with any other USB devices internally or externally ( as any other USB device does NOT use this *special* driver )

After I read THIS ARTICLE, it gave me the idea to look for a way to implant it on our G751 -> I found one !

How to install Guide:
    2. Test transfer speed with same device in the same port - to have a reference data.
    3. Download from asus site, Z97-A support page, the "AISuite3 driver" v1.01.02 as it contains the "ASUS USB 3.1 Boost V1.09.00" & extract the "USB 3.1 Boost" folder from it.
    4. Open Device Manager
    5. Enter your external storage device to one of the G751's USB ports ( YES ALSO THE LEFT ONE NEAR YOU ! ) -> you'll get a "USB Mass Storage" line under USB tree in the Device Manager.
    6. Right click this "USB Mass Storage" -> "update driver.." -> Browse -> "Let me pick ..." -> "Have Disk" -> Point the driver to the previously extract "USB 3.1 Boost" folder and enter "UASDriver" folder -> OK -> Pick "Asustek..." under "Manufacturer" and select "ASUS USB 3.0 Boost Storage Driver".
    8. Now, You should be missing a "ASUS BOT Storage Driver" driver that suddenly appears under "Other devices".
      So manually install this "unknown" device the same way as above, only this time after "let me pick..." -> "show all devices" -> "Have disk" -> browse to previously extract "USB 3.1 Boost\UASDriver" -> choose "ASUS BOT Storage Driver".
    10. If you're lucky, now the transfer speed to your external USB storage should be WAY FASTER !

Proof of concept: BEFORE Asus Boost driver: SAME USB device, SAME port, SAME file transferred

Proof of concept: Working WITH Asus Boost driver: SAME USB device, SAME port, SAME file transferred

List of tested ACCELARATED Devices:
    • (usb 3.0)Toshiba Canvio 500 GB USB 3.0 (HDTB205XK3AA) CONTROLLER working with G751JT's internal HDD 1TB HGST HTS721010A9E630

List of NO CHANGE in transfer speed:

Credits for the development & idea: Asus (of course) & Andrew Ku from tomshardware.com
    OMG ! OMFG !
    just found A *TWEAK/TRICK* DRIVER THAT ACCELERATES THE TRANSFER RATE AT LEAST TWICE !
    I've updated my guide with that info.
    I'm really want you ppl to test this tweak I found possible !
    Please test with various USB storage devices, even USB 2.0 !

ROG Member Array

I had incredible success using only your manual application:

Perform my above guide to the letter !
    Test transfer speed with same device in the same port - to have a reference data.
    Download from asus site, Z97-A / MAXIMUS VII HERO support page, the Win10 x64 "AISuite3 driver" & extract the "USB 3.1 Boost" folder from it.
    Open Device Manager
    Enter your external storage device to one of the G751's USB ports ( YES ALSO THE LEFT ONE NEAR YOU ! ) -> you'll get a "USB Mass Storage" line under USB tree in the Device Manager.
    Right click this "USB Mass Storage" -> "update driver.." -> Browse -> "Let me pick ..." -> "Have Disk" -> Point the driver to the previously extract "USB 3.1 Boost" folder and enter "UASDriver" folder -> OK -> Pick "Asustek..." under "Manufacturer" and select "ASUS USB 3.0 Boost Storage Driver".
    The USB device might be auto-unmount and auto-mount again.
    Now, You should be missing a "ASUS BOT Storage Driver" driver that suddenly appears under "Other devices".
    The USB device might be auto-unmount and auto-mount again.
    If you're lucky, now the transfer speed to your external USB storage should be WAY FASTER !

Now all except the left fwd USB ports work at superspeed 3.1 I believe , using a Pny® Turbo Attache 2 32GB USB 3.0 External Flash Drive Model: PFD32GTBAT2GE which use to give me transfer speeds of 40-45 now gives me transfer speed of 170 and my Kingston's DataTraveler 100 G3 (DT100G3) USB Flash drive which use to be very slow 20-25 speed is also at 170
    Last edited by driver345; 11-02-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by driver345 View Post
    I had incredible success using only your manual application:
    Now all except the left fwd USB ports work at superspeed 3.1 I believe , using a PNY 32gb usb 3 thumb drive which use to give me transfer speeds of 40-45 now gives me transfer speed of 170 and my DataTraveller 32gb usb 3 thumb drive which use to be very slow 20-25 speed is also at 170
    Oh... I'm so glad to hear that !
    Do you care please to tell me the exact model number & name ( not just manufacturer & size ) of your flash disks so I can update the list of accelerated usbs ?
    Can you please find it on amazon ? ( just so i'll have a referent with more details ) and then can you please edit your post with the links ?
    Thanks.

P.S - you can the "quote" vBulletin tag to quote me or others so it will be possible to easily distinguish between your words and other.
    it is the right most action in the toolbar of action above the "quick reply", looks like a popup white balloon.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Because of my guides-writing-mania... here's a step ordered guide for windows 10.
    ( a hybride of my older win 8.1 guide and my win 10 remarks )
    For windows 8.1 guide, READ HERE

G751 Win 10 x64 Guide:
    HOW TO GET THE USB PORTS & HUBS TO RUN @USB 3.0 SUPERSPEED,
    WITH NO HANG-UPS DURING FILE TRANSFER!!!
    1. Download "64bit Intel USB 3.0 Drivers v4.0.0.36 WHQL for Win7" (MIRROR) and extract it.
      (Credit&Source:Fernando from win-raid forums)
    2. Download the attached zip (DOWNLOAD: iusb3xhc+ iusb3hub for v4.0.0.36.zip) with MODDED "iusb3xhc.inf", "iusb3hub.inf", extract & overwrite the existing inf found in "Controller Driver - as first" & "Hub Driver - as second" accordingly.
    3. IMPORTANT STEP: reboot with "disabled driver signature enforcement" mode. (HOW TO GUIDE)
    4. While in "disabled driver signature enforcement" mode, Open Device manager, look under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
      "Force install" the INF from "Controller Driver - as first" folder onto "intel(R) USB eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)"
      • Please note that when forcing the device manager to install drive you'll ONLY SUCCEED if you choose "browse" NOT the 1st time that it appears.
        Thus, the correct order to "force install": right click on a device -> update drive...->Browse my computer ->Let me pick ->Have Disk...-> browse and select the modded driver !
    5. Search for "USB Root Hub (xHCI)" device, then "Force install" the INF from "Hub Driver - as second" folder.
      * If you need to pick a driver from a list choose: "Intel(R) USB 3.0 Root Hub"
    6. IF YOU GOT AN EXTERNAL USB 3.0 HUB (like this) - Do the last step "force install" to any "USB HUB" (NOT "USB ROOT HUB").
      * This time if you need to pick a driver from a list choose: "USB 3.0 Hub".
    7. Reboot !
    8. After reboot, the device manager should look like this:

Name:	USB3.0_Afterwards.png 
Views:	159 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	51818
    9. The right and left ports should works as @USB 3.0 SUPERSPEED for compatible devices, WITHOUT any hangs-up whatsoever during file transfer.
    10. You can Check with HWinfo64, that indeed each USB 3.0 compatible device works @USB 3.0 SUPERSPEED by opening the xHCI tree within HWinfo64 (see photo) and looking at "USB device speed".

Name:	USB_HUB_WORKS2.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	208.6 KB 
ID:	51820

Last notes:
    • This method was tested on G751JT with win 10 x64 HOME OEM.
    • The forward left port (nearest to the touchpad) might cause hang-ups and slow transfer even though you've perform this guide -> NOT EVERY external USB storage device works on this PORT ( some does some doesn't ).
      The good news: Asus provided you with 3 more ports around your G751.
    • proof-of-concept: (test while a HUB 3.0 connected in the back-most left port, on that connected external USB 3.0 HDD, USB 2.0 mouse & usb 2.0 printer)

Name:	USB3.0_Win10_Proof.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	392.5 KB 
ID:	51821

PLEASE TEST AND REPORT IF YOU GOT SUCCESS AS WELL !!!!

------------------------------------------------------
    NOTES:

"How to" install Guide using auto installer: *RECOMMENDED*
    1. Download from asus site, Z97-A / MAXIMUS VII HERO support page, the Win10 x64 "AISuite3 driver" & extract EVERYTHING.
    2. "Run as admin" the "AsusSetup.exe" and deselect EVERYTHING EXCEPT "USB 3.0 BOOST"
    3. REBOOT !
    4. Then, open start -> all programs -> asus -> AI Suite 3 -> right click "AI Suite 3" and apply permanent "administrator" privileges
    5. Run AI Suite 3, connect a USB storage device to your laptop, enter USB Boost menu and change it from "NORMAL" mode to "BOOST" mod ( BETTER: if you got a UASP supported USB storage device, try to use "UASP" mode ! )

3. Download from asus site, Z97-A / MAXIMUS VII HERO support page, the Win10 x64 "AISuite3 driver" & extract the "USB 3.1 Boost" folder from it.
    4. Open Device Manager

Proof of concept: WORKING WITH Asus Boost driver: SAME USB device, SAME port, SAME file transferred

List of tested ACCELERATED USB Storage Devices:

List of Devices with NO CHANGE in transfer speed:

Can you update the guide? struggling to download and try the method...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

i think it is related please help. can someone verify? i think it is the usb 3.0 left near port that gives this error. can someone make the test?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	53453Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	303.8 KB 
ID:	53454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_3.jpg 
Views:	1151 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	53455Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_4.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	232.4 KB 
ID:	53456

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast