cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with my G74SX

Panda
Level 7
While I'm on Skype and I so happen start up a game, alt+tab into the game, etc., my friends hear a bubbling, toilet flushing type sound from my mic.

Even after downloading the latest Bios 203 and ATK 1.0.0014, some specific keys (a, y, m, g) don't register sometimes.

I think my hard drive with all my data is making a constant fan-like sound, or it could be the GPU. I can hear the sound from my doorway which is about 10 feet from the laptop.

The palm rest of the G74SX also feels like there are gaps at the edges, when applied pressure.

- also, before updating some sentililic drive for the trackpad, I was able to scroll down pages by scrolling down on the right side of the trackpad, but now I can't. Can someone link me to the drivers.

The backlit keyboard is fine and all, except that the spacebar is either covering up the right side of the LED or the LED is broken.
60 REPLIES 60

BrodyBoy
Level 10
It's unlikely that the hard drive is making that much noise, and a GPU doesn't make noise at all. So if it's really so loud that you hear it across the room, it's probably the fan. Does it seem like something could be caught in it? Does it sound off-balance, like the blades could be rubbing against something? For troubleshooting a noise that isn't coming from the speakers, the fan should be the focus.

There is a slight gap between the top cover and the chassis along the front edge- that's part of the design.

For your touchpad, it sounds like you should probably just roll back to your previous driver if you liked that one better.

Retired
Not applicable
'While I'm on Skype and I so happen start up a game, alt+tab into the game, etc., my friends hear a bubbling, toilet flushing type sound from my mic.'

Are you sure they aren't messing around with you? Because that sure sounds like something I'd tell my friends.
In all seriousnes though, thats not a hardware issue for sure. Does it happen with every game you play or just the one?

@Antigen, it's not a joke that they're playing on me. For games specifically like CounterStrike-Source and Starcraft 2, that noise is constantly going, but for other games it just happens once I start it up or alt tab into it.

JRd1st
Level 12
Did you try rolling back your sentelic driver? Which do you have now and what did you used to have?

Tell your friends that's a sound we're all familiar with at this forum, but figuratively.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

JRd1st wrote:
Tell your friends that's a sound we're all familiar with at this forum, but figuratively.

So other users know about this sound? Is there a fix?

JRd1st
Level 12
No, sorry. When I said "figuratively" I meant it as a joke referring to where our money went when we bought . . .

Does it only make that sound when you're on Skype? Are you on Wifi or LAN?

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Panda
Level 7
I'm on Wifi. I don't hear that sound myself, but I'd assume it also goes to other chat features. Do you have a Skype? We can do a conversation there.

JRd1st
Level 12
First be sure you have an Atheros Wifi/BT card, and if you do go HERE and download the Atheros Wifi driver in this post.

Then uninstall your current wifi driver and install this one.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
I'm having the exact same issue. Whenever I'm on Skype and tab into or open a game (specifically Dungeon Defenders, Starcraft II, and World of Warcraft), the people I'm chatting with report a weird interference sound that they describe as "a piece of paper flapping in a high wind near your microphone". Sounds similar enough to me that it must be the same issue. As soon as I tab out of the game it stops, and sound is perfect again.

Any help greatly appreciated.:confused: