cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Ranger + ROG Front Base - no sound fromt the front panel

DeathRock
Level 7
I have Maximus VII Ranger and ROG Front Base in bundle. Everything is working except the 2 plugs at the front panel.
Even If I conect my headphones with mic supremeFX doesnt recognize that it is connected and also there is no sound 😕

I use Win7 64bit N, all updates and also newest driver from ASUS.

Any hints?
4 REPLIES 4

Tokens210
Level 10
I'm not 100% as I don't have ur board I have a formula VI, but the formula VI has 2 audio hookup on the board itself, HD Audio and the AC'97 or 98 or whatever audio

If yours also has this then you need to ensure that in the bios you have the same front panel.audio selected as the plug you used from the board

Basically meaning if your board has both these plugs and you used the HD audio then in the bios make sure front panel is set to HD audio, if you used the ac audio make sure that's selected

As I said I have a different board so this is a guess based off mine which isn't the best thing to do lol I'm going to look some stuff up but this can at least be something to look into lol

There is also the possibility that windows itself just isn't changing the device from your default device but even if that's the case I'd have to imagine the sound software would still see it as plugged in which your saying doesn't happen

After some google action I see that ur board only has a single front audio header so I'd still say check out the bios to be sure its not off or to ensure there are no settings messing with it, then once in windows when u plug your headset in open the windows default playback device tab and ensure that the headphones are not actually showing up but not being selected
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

DeathRock
Level 7
I checked the Bios it is set up as HD audio. I tried to switch it up to AC97 but still dont working.

I have only these devices at setup page
and as you can see nothing is plugged

I wrote to czech ASUS support and they wrote me that front base has own sound card so If I active that I will not listen the sound from the speakers.
I though when I was buying that It will be normal panel with input for headphones and mic.
So It is really so ****ty that it cannot get know when you are listening music from speakers and when you connect the headphones?

UPDATE:

Problem was in Cable. Cos I have superbigtower the cable is short so to connection between front base and MB was not enough.
Funny thing .. even ASUS support was wrong and telling me some bull****s.
Thanks foryour help

DeathRock
Level 7