cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73SW Will not turn on

gnrpatience
Level 7
Hello Everyone,

I start to have an issue with my G73SW-A1 Laptop. Sometimes when I turn on the laptop it wont turn on, only keyboard leds will light on but there is no ASUS logo on screen, it seems like the symptoms for a bricked laptop.

Recently(Like 3 months ago) I changed my battery and charger. I verified connecting an external monitor or a TV through HDMI and nothing there so it could not be a VGA issue. Also I did not change my BIOS so laptop is not bricked, I can confirm that since sometimes it will turn on.

I tried removing battery pressing power button for more than 30 seconds and nothing.

What looks to be working is remove battery left charger and make sure there is no short in the power jack that will make my laptopt turn on. What Im confused is that with oldl and new battery both charged laptop will not turn on without power.

I wonder how if I have some short on the power jack it will make not turn on the laptop and sometimes it will turn on, now Im writing from the ASUS G73SW =). So if I do not turn off I will be safe, even unplugging the charger with only battery there are no issues.

Any ideas on what can be the reason, Im about to reset to factory even though I do not see any issues on OS.

Thanks for any advise!
2 REPLIES 2

MacHinery
Level 7
Low level viruses that prevent basic functionality won't nesc. Be resolved by a factory reset unless they are programmed to go dormant. HAve you done a factory reset? If so, has it worked?

MacHinery wrote:
Low level viruses that prevent basic functionality won't nesc. Be resolved by a factory reset unless they are programmed to go dormant. HAve you done a factory reset? If so, has it worked?

Hello,

Thanks for the response. While I was troubleshooting, I made laptop to start by somehow, while laptop was on, I noticed that it shows charging then battery so it seems to be an issue with the power jack or cable, recently I bought a new AC Adapter and Battery they were working fine for few months, I think the issue might be power jack, I already ordered one and will replace, my doubt is why Laptop will power on and stay screen off, does not seems to be related to the power jack issue...

Thanks