cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G750 JW -LOL fps problem when unplugged / using battery power

silvershadow009
Level 7
So i just got the ROG G750 JW and gforce experience sets the setting on very high for every thing on my laptop (for lol)

so when its plugged in i get 200 fps ( not sure if true :rolleyes: ) with not even a stutter,
but when its plugged out i get 30-50ish fps and it lags (on battery).

Any idea why, please help.
20 REPLIES 20

silvershadow009
Level 7
sorry double post 😧

Darnassus
Status Under Review
You cannot game properly on battery, the G750's dedicated card doesn't allow it.. not smoothly.

Darnassus wrote:
You cannot game properly on battery, the G750's dedicated card doesn't allow it.. not smoothly.

is there any way to fix that or bypass that ?
also is it in this model or every other model ?
further more i was playing dmc4 and got 15~~ fps on battery... that is just sad..
thanks...

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Not that I'm aware of, but if you did, the battery would only last around 40 minutes to 50 and would strain it severely.

The GPU is dedicated, not integrated. It has it's own components and everything it needs that a GPU would normally, thus requires a lot of power.

If you look at your charging brick, you'll find that it supplies 20volts and 10amps, I have a good feeling a lot of that power from the brick goes to the GPU directly. (Theoretically anyway).

With the first generation G750's, the internal graphics (Inside the 4700) is completely ignored. If you wanted that, (which probably wouldn't run the games anyway) you would have needed to buy the second gen or above, being the G750JM / JS / JZ

silvershadow009
Level 7
any suggestion what i should do ?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Well.. game while plugged in. It's the best thing you can do. ':x

silvershadow009
Level 7
then calling it a laptop is futile... if i cant game on the go.... hell i can even play DMC 4 with out lag....damn it.
disappointed.

Areseru
Level 7
You need to go to the NVidia GeForce Experience, search for Battery Boost and set it properly/disable it. Your choice.
P.S. I see that ROG Guru here are pretty disinformed, what a shame...

Areseru wrote:
You need to go to the NVidia GeForce Experience, search for Battery Boost and set it properly/disable it. Your choice.
P.S. I see that ROG Guru here are pretty disinformed, what a shame...

battery boots is not enabled on my laptop....( SLI not supported ).