cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to boot from CD on Asus G751?

Wildzorn
Level 7
Hi all,

I know it sounds rather obvious, but I cannot find a BIOS option on how to boot from CD.

Does anyone have a hint on how to boot from CD on the ASUS G751?

kind regards
8 REPLIES 8

andreacos92
Level 9
From what I read, after you pressed the power on button, try to tap the ESC key until you get the boot menu.

Wildzorn
Level 7
that is correct, however there is no option to boot from CD.
Neither in the BIOS itself.

You can manually add a new boot option, but I can't get that to work.

Nexon91
Level 7
1. Go to SECURITY->Security boot control-> DISABLE
2. Save changes and reboot
3. Go to BOOT->launch csm to enable -> launch PXE to enable
4. Save changes and reboot
5. Go to BOOT and choose BOOT from CD

Nexon91 wrote:
1. Go to SECURITY->Security boot control-> DISABLE
2. Save changes and reboot
3. Go to BOOT->launch csm to enable -> launch PXE to enable
4. Save changes and reboot
5. Go to BOOT and choose BOOT from CD

You My good Sir are the man!!! thankyou very much Nexon91 for your help I learn something new

if your CD is bootable.. in BiOS it should appear on the list "Boot Overrides" (second to the last tab.. before "Save and exit") choose from the list of bootables (main bootable is named "Windows Boot Management"- so yours will be the name of the diskdrive) and boot from there..

hexaae
Level 12
"Enable CSM" for me was enough... Then pressing ESC on boot (early black screen) let me choose CD Boot...
This way I preserve secure boot and ROG logos only + faster boot...
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

Does anyone have a link for a decent, modern BIOS guide/manual? I'm used to the old and simple BIOS functions.

scpanish wrote:
Does anyone have a link for a decent, modern BIOS guide/manual? I'm used to the old and simple BIOS functions.

A. your off-topic.
B. Please read the STICKY THREAD Guide: How to install windows 8/8.1/10 The proper way (UEFI based installation) - to understand why your approach is not that smart while having $$$$ laptop ( if you care about FPS and performance at all )
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]