cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No fan speed option with Asus GPU Tweak on G750Jz-ds71

Spartan101
Level 7
I recently purchased a G750Jz-ds71 laptop. The fan are always on full speed. I want to slow down the fans but GPU Tweak doesn't give me the options. I downloaded 2.7.1.8. The only options are: GPU Clock, GPU Volt, Mem Clock, FPS.

The version that came with preinstalled has an option called "Run GPU Fan on Full Speed" It is set to off but it won't toggle on/off.

What options do I have for silent mode
4 REPLIES 4

hmscott
Level 12
Spartan101 wrote:
I recently purchased a G750Jz-ds71 laptop. The fan are always on full speed. I want to slow down the fans but GPU Tweak doesn't give me the options. I downloaded 2.7.1.8. The only options are: GPU Clock, GPU Volt, Mem Clock, FPS.

The version that came with preinstalled has an option called "Run GPU Fan on Full Speed" It is set to off but it won't toggle on/off.

What options do I have for silent mode

Spartan101, you downloaded the wrong branch, Asus Tweak Tool for Graphics cards, that version is for the G750JW/JX/JH, G751JT/JY and maybe the G750JY when it comes out.

The G750JM/JS/JZ use one specially made for them, IDK if it works on the G751JM or other Optimus ROG laptops, but it's worth a try.

Here is a post with the links for download:

Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops vs Asus GPU Tweak for Graphics Cards
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?45644-Asus-GPU-Tweak-for-Laptops-vs-Asus-GPU-Tweak-for-Grap...

You need to first uninstall the wrong one, and reboot, then install the new one.

Have fun 🙂

slay7888
Level 7
hello, I have a asus g750jz,,, when playing games,i would RUN OF FULL SPEED FAN GPU with Asus GPU Tweak..jd if every time I Run GPU Fan Full speed during play gaming, is there going to give the impression of the damage on the graphics card I and my laptop? sorry for my bad english ..

http://www.ebags.com/product/samsonite/xenon-2-slim-brief-173/241010

slay7888 wrote:
hello, I have a asus g750jz,,, when playing games,i would RUN OF FULL SPEED FAN GPU with Asus GPU Tweak..jd if every time I Run GPU Fan Full speed during play gaming, is there going to give the impression of the damage on the graphics card I and my laptop? sorry for my bad english ..

l2apsux
Level 7
dont expect your fan running fast to damage your laptop too badly, but it will most certainly wear your fans prematurely, and yes they will start to make nose. but not unless theyre constantly ramping OR youre like me and use notebook fan control to make your fans run full speed all the time.