cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW DB71 Upgrade Thread - Help/Thoughts

Raxef
Level 7
Hello everyone! I've had a my G750 for about 10 months and for a large part am extremely pleased with the kind of performance it is putting out. As of now, the hardware is factory standard. However with some of the projects I am undertaking I'm finding that I need to get more performance out of my machine, and I am interested in fitting it with more ram and possibly a second hard drive. While I've had some experience with desktops, I'm less-familiar with laptop territory. Any input for increasing performance as is or with fitting another hard drive or more memory would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

- Raxef
6 REPLIES 6

Maxter
Level 9
I added SSD. 8GB ram is enough for me. Use the old HDD as secondary. computer is still PHAST! gaming all the time as well.

Maxter wrote:
I added SSD. 8GB ram is enough for me. Use the old HDD as secondary. computer is still PHAST! gaming all the time as well.

I done the same! Added Kingston HyperX Fury SSD and 8GB Hynix ram. I also overclocked my gpu with NVidia inspector like +135mhz on core and 450mhz on memory! Runs good in gaming! Also I repasted it with mx4 to run cool under load. That's all for now.
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH

code9523 wrote:
I done the same! Added Kingston HyperX Fury SSD and 8GB Hynix ram. I also overclocked my gpu with NVidia inspector like +135mhz on core and 450mhz on memory! Runs good in gaming! Also I repasted it with mx4 to run cool under load. That's all for now.

I'm going to try to do a similar OC on mine then 😄 how are temps with that increase?

code9523
Level 9
65С on gpu when gaming! P.S. Temp in my room is 24C.

Maxter
Level 9
wow! not bad! thanks!

code9523
Level 9
But repaste it first!!! Use Arctic Cooling MX4 for my result! And be careful!