cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Suggestions for best HDMI audio Method for G75VW

tkolarik
Level 9
I have the G75VW which everyone knows has worse audio than sub-$200 netbook. I have overcome this using a USB wireless headset but now I am going to dock this unit and use a monitor with built in speakers and audio jack. I have some nice Bose speakers so should I just jack into the monitor that will grab it's audio from the HDMI cable or is this gonna sound like jacking into the speaker out jack on the G75 itself?
5 REPLIES 5

tkolarik
Level 9
Would the mini-displayport be any better for audio?

Clintlgm
Level 14
The sound that comes through the HDMI cable use the NVidia HD Sound. The issue with the G75 notebooks and sound is due to the speakers themselves and software. VIA 600 drivers and above all work acceptably and it I remember right for exteral Audio receiver the head phone socket is a multi socket that includes Fiber Optic you'll need special adapter cable for that.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

tkolarik
Level 9
Thanks, but I find nothing about the headphone jack being a multi jack in any of the documents. The Asus website specifications page does show a S/PIDIF speaker out but there is no physical port on my G75.

Well I can't prove it to you but this has come up in the past and I'm pretty sure that there is a fiber optic cable that you buy that picks up from the bottom of the head phone port. Search it up If I remember correctly the subject was something like (verified head phone port carries Toslink something like that) no quotes Of course since I have not needed or attempted I am only repeating what I think I saw hoping this may help you?

maybe this will help you understand that this is possible? http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=toslink+to+headphone+jack&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid...
Maybe some are and some aren't I really don't know, I only remember this coming up once
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

tkolarik
Level 9
I did see in the audio devices a spidif option and very tiny on the case at the jack it says S/PIDIF. I'll to look that up, thanks!