cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-aligned Graphics card on my G75VX

rakista88
Level 7
Hello I need some help/advice.

I think my GFX Card (GTX 670MX) misaligned in my laptop (ASUS ROG G75VX).
-My laptop dropped because my computer table broke.
-After I turned it on, the screen didn't go on. But the system turns on.
-So I tried connecting it to an external monitor and it still works without any problems. My laptop monitor is the one that is turned off.
-I took apart the laptop (it was scary because it is my first time to tinker with the innards of a laptop) and checked if something was torn apart. Thank god nothing was.
-After putting it back in and turning on the system, the screen turned on.... But with a blue screen. And while I was flipping the laptop over; the screen goes red, green, blue, pink. with all the fuzzy colors. So i touched the heat-sink while the laptop was turned on (the black one with the ROG logo) and miraculously, the display goes back to normal.
-The display is normal when I start to push the heat sink, but when i remove my hands from it, it just goes back to the diffused colors.
-So what I did was get a piece of rubebr and stuck in between the copper and the casing of the motherboard which let to it, pushing the heat sink as a sub for my hand.

I have read that the GTX670MX in the ROG G75VX could be removed and IS NOT soldered unlike the older models. I'm just not that sure because I haven't removed the heat sink yet and still haven't seen the actual GTX670MX in my lappy.

Do you think that is the problem? A misaligned gfx card? I need your advice. What should I do?

***Oh and i can verify that my system still runs smoothly as I still play AC:Unity using an external monitor.
ASUS ROG G75VX (Windows 8.1)
Intel® Core™ i7 3630QM Processor
17.3" Full HD 3D (1920x1080) LED Backlight
DR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 12GB
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670MX with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM
3 REPLIES 3

Clintlgm
Level 14
Well it sounds like there is a very good chance that you broke the seal of the Pasting of your GPU. The solution would be to repaste and since your doing the GPU you might as well Repase the CPU As well.
You started that your system works with an external monitor it that is the case then the issue would be with you Screen or the connector from GPU to Screen what you describe sounds like possible broke the Screen Ribbon to GPU Connection? I don't know what the implication of this are if the connector itself is broken hopefully just loose and you can make the reconnection successfully ?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks @Clintlgm.

Yeah I'm not that sure if its the ribbon of the GPU itself. Man it's a big hassle taking off the system apart. I hope re-pasting it will work.
I will be updating this weekend. I will also take photos and video about the issue and see if I can fix this myself.
DR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 12GB

Thanks @Clintlgm.

Yeah I'm not that sure if its the ribbon of the GPU itself. Man it's a big hassle taking off the system apart. I hope re-pasting it will work.
I will be updating this weekend. I will also take photos and video about the issue and see if I can fix this myself.
DR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 12GB