cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73jh charging issue

drestle01
Level 7
I've been having problems charging my G73jh over the past year. I have already gone through 3 chargers and 2 batteries. The original charger will turn on but does not charge the laptop at all. The second one worked great for a couple months, but now it only charges at a specific angle, and the newest one will only charge for about 15 minutes before the green light on the block turns off and it stops charging for a while (I suspect this one is temporarily shorting out because of some safety mechanism). Has anyone else had any issues like this? I have searched all over the web and it seems the problem is either the port on the laptop, or all of my chargers are faulty. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

danielangelov
Level 7
After reinstalling Windows my battery went from 40 minutes to 0 ... when I say 0, I mean if you unplug the laptop it dies. Tried every driver that Asus offers, unfortunately with no luck. You can try the same thing. Wish you luck!

Caladelind
Level 7
Are you sure its not the center pin in the charging port on the laptop. Just had to replace mine on a G73JW. The center pin was breaking contact in the socket and would not charge the battery. Do you have another laptop that you can test the power cable/charger on?

MacHinery
Level 7
Sounds like a low level virus that is interfering wit basic hardware communication. Not sure about that. But, it's possible