cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with mPCIE Combo III addon NO POST

Peppershaker
Level 7
Is anyone else having problems with their Maximus VII Formula Watch Dog edition motherboard? I just received this board for a new build and when assembled it did not POST. The LEDs lit up on the board but when Start was pressed all that happened was a very brief spin of fans then nothing. I found a review on Newegg where the user had a problem with the mPCIE Combo III card. I removed the card and sure enough the system boots just fine, my OS is installed and all is good and stable.

I have not tried to reinstall the mPCIE Combo III card. Has anyone had a similar problem? Did you find a way to use the card?

I have a support case open, but I assume their solution will be to RMA the board which is a major pain!

Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1

IVEST
Level 7
Peppershaker wrote:
I have not tried to reinstall the mPCIE Combo III card. Has anyone had a similar problem? Did you find a way to use the card?
I have a support case open, but I assume their solution will be to RMA the board which is a major pain!
Thanks in advance.

I had a similar issue with a Maximus VII Impact motherboard.
Turned out that 2 or 3 of the connector pins on the mPCIE Combo daughterboard had been pushed upward and no longer made proper contact with the extremely tight sockets, also resulting in a no-boot situation.
Via an RMA I requested a replacement of the mPCIE Combo only, but ASUS insisted on the return of the entire package, and sent me a brand new motherboard which has performed flawlessly.