Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Astro1 View Post
    I sent mine in in the original box as well thinking I would get the same one back. The box you get back wil not be original so if you ever want to sell this thing you will be out the original box which IMO helps with resale value. If I could do it over, I would have kept my box.

As far as the cross ship, theoretically it should go like this.

Call them. Tell them you want to cross ship.
    They send you credit card info pdf for you to return and a shipping voucher for the return
    They (once in stock) then ship out a replacement.
    They receive the unit and remove the hold on your cc card.

Im currently waiting in a replacement but if it arrives unusable again, I will be doing a cross ship. This way I'm not out a display for a month like I am now since I would be able to send the broken unit in only when the working one arrives.
    I sent everything that came with the monitor. Man never again will I deal with this company for anything.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Update:

I contacted online support, gave them my current RMA case number and asked to do cross ship. The support agent did the following:

Andrea M. 11:03:43 am
    okay so we are going to do stock check to see if a replacement is available the stock check takes 24-48
    hours to get back once stock is confirmed you will be sent the credit card forms to fill out.
    So now I wait to hear if there is any stock to send.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Update:

I just received an automated email ASUS Customer Support:

There is no STOCK Available you will need to send the Monitor in a Regular Repair.
    After reading all the RMA, I am extremely leery of sending my monitor to ASUS Canada. I am going to have to find a box other than the original one, remove the base, wrap it up as best as I can, then hope for the best. Ughhhh.

Before I send it off, I am going to call them again and see if I can wait for until it is in stock.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Update:

I called ASUS North America's Support call centre (Mexico): 1-812-282-2787

I insisted on doing a cross ship RMA. The rep said I can do that, and that they will notify me when stock is available. He then told me I had been wonderful when I agreed to do a phone survey. Whatever.

Anyhow, I am going to keep at them, calling every two days, until they find a new monitor to send to me.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Update:

I called again this morning. The agent told me there is still no stock available to do a cross ship RMA. He did offer to bump my request "up" to corporate, to see if they have any. I'll hear back within 48 hours.

And so it goes.

ROG Member Array

Thanks for the updates, I'm sure it will help others who need to deal with Asus RMA, keep it coming.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by trAnwhiiz View Post
    Thanks for the updates, I'm sure it will help others who need to deal with Asus RMA, keep it coming.
    Thanks. I plan on making this thread a study of a typical RMA. I am also going to take lots of photos of the monitor as well as a video, documenting its condition and packaging, before I ship it off for the cross-ship. I truly hope everything goes well and gets resolved soon, but after reading other people's RMA stories I feel I have to be extra cautious and document everything publicly.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Update: I just called support again to see if the "corporate" stock check had brought anything up. After giving my case number, the support person informed me that the stock check was not filled out correctly by the last support person, so he fixed it and sent it out again. He said he will get back to me when he gets an answer.

Sigh.

Days since my PG278Q broke: 13
    Calls made to support: 4
    Status: Waiting for stock availability to do cross-ship RMA
    Last edited by Bri_ROG; 12-09-2014 at 05:17 AM. Reason: clarity

ROG Enthusiast Array

Update: The Asus support tech just called me. I was actually quite surprised. The call was listed as coming from Indiana. The tech let me know that there is still no stock available. I told him that I would like to continue to wait. He said I can do that, and to call back again when I want another stock check.

I must say, this was by far the nicest support person I have dealt with, but the fact remains that it is now two weeks on and there is no stock. I will call back on Thursday to have another stock check done.

Days since my PG278Q broke: 14
    Calls made to support: 5
    Status: Periodically calling Asus support to do a stock check for RMA Cross-ship.
    Last edited by Bri_ROG; 12-16-2014 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

ROG Enthusiast Array

The phone support guys have all been really great in my experience. The badness was all on the end of the contracted repair place, not ASUS employees. I hope they rethink the people they contract their repairs out to in the United States. Maybe bring it in-house as they do in other places (like Canada).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast