Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Update: I called again today to check stock. There are none. Interestingly, the support tech told me that the stock check query she did was against the repair facility's available stock. I had assumed to this point that they were going to be sending me a new monitor and that they were checking stock more broadly than just at repair facilities in North America.

Regardless, I was told that I am in a priority list, and that they would email me when there was stock. I'm not so sure, so I will call back next week and check to see if there is any progress.

Days since my PG278Q broke: 16
    Calls made to support: 6
    Status: Periodically calling Asus support to do a stock check for RMA Cross-ship.
    Last edited by Bri_ROG; 12-16-2014 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

ROG Enthusiast Array simfreak101 PC Specs
    simfreak101 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    Processor5930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair 2x cmk32gx4m4a2666c16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 04G-2983-KR
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 04G-2983-KR
    Graphics Card #3EVGA 04G-2983-KR
    Storage #1LSI 9341 PCI3.0 8x12gbs
    Storage #26x OCZ Vertex3
    CPU CoolerEKWB Supremacy EVO
    CaseCooler Master Storm Trooper
    Power SupplyEnermax 1350 Plt
    Keyboard Corsair Vengance K70
    Mouse Roccat Tyon
    OS Windows 8.1

your going to be waiting a while; There is a massive shortage of parts on this monitor; AU Optronics already fufilled their order with Asus and is now working on the order for Acer. Once Acers initial run is done then they will go back to making the panels for Asus.
    So any RMA's will be serviced by other RMA parts until they can get more stock. This is the downfall to having only 1 supplier.

There is supposed to be a large shipment of new stock coming to the US sometime after Jan 1; but it seems most of that is spoken for in pre-orders. But with more new stock there is a high probably of new RMA stock; Of course i have also been lied to since October; so who knows when these things will finally get in;
    I might just cancel all the orders i have open and get the Acer when its released. Its essentially the exact same monitor with different plastic around it.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Man thats bad luck but tech does fail from time to time especially cutting edge tech like the Swift, I got my supplier to check the panel for excessive bleed and dead pixels before sending it out to me and what i received was perfect, if something happens i will just send it back to my supplier and they will replace with new no having to deal with Asus, i like the 3 year warranty
    4930k/Corsair H110i GT: Rampage IV Black ED motherboard: Gskill 4x4GB 2133MHZ 10 11 11 30 1T: CM V1200w Platinum psu: 2x EVGA GTX980Ti SC ACX++: SoundBlaster Zx: Logitech Z906 5.1-channel speaker system: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD: 1tb WD Black HD/512GB WD Black HD: Asus Swift 144HZ 3D 2560x1440 Display: QNIX QX2710 Evolution II 2560x1440 matte PLS display: Corsair Vengence K70 mechanical keyboard: Corsair M45 mouse: Thermaltake Core V71 full tower Case: Windows 10 64bit

ROG Enthusiast Array

Update:

I called again to do a stock check. The support person sent it off, but did not tell me how he or they are going to alert me as to its success or failure.

On a different note, I thought I would check the retail stock levels of some of the companies I use, here in Canada.

ROG Swift Monitors in stock:

• Newegg.ca: 0
    • NCIX.ca: 20
    • MemoryExpress.com: 0

I don't know why NCIX has so many, but it seems there are some out there in the wild.

So it goes...

Days since my PG278Q broke: 20
    Calls made to support: 7
    Status: Periodically calling ASUS support to do a stock check for RMA Cross-ship.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Update:

I just received this email from ASUS support, only an hour or so after my last support call:

After checking all our facilities I regret to inform you that we do not have stock of your product. Because of this your rma has been changed to a standard RMA and your product will need to be sent in to our facility to be repaired. Please fill out all attached paperwork and send in.
    I don't understand why they are now requiring me to send in my monitor to be repaired. I am going to call back and ask why they can't fulfill the cross-ship...especially when I see new stock sitting in Vancouver at NCIX.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Update: I tried to call back, but gave up after an hour and a half on hold. I'll call again later. Ugh.

Days since my PG278Q broke: 20
    Calls made to support: 8

ROG Enthusiast Array

Update:

I called again this morning and had my RMA changed back to a cross-ship. The support person told me that if it was him, he would insist on a cross-ship RMA as well. I doubt there will be any stock found, again, but you never know.

Days since my PG278Q broke: 21
    Calls made to support: 9

ROG Enthusiast Array

Update:

I called in to support again. This time I had the best support person yet. He was very personable, and when he ran the stock check...he found one! He tempered my enthusiasm by saying that I may not get it, and that it may get reserved by someone else. He suggested that if I don't get this one that I should let him print me a shipping label and get it to me, so I can do a normal RMA. After explaining why I wanted to do a cross-ship, mainly due to the fact that I can't send it in the original box, have to remove the stand, I have to pay for shipping, he told me that although the rest is true, ASUS sends shipping labels, so I wouldn't have to pay to ship...which surprised me, since no-one yet has told me this, or offered to do so. It isn't even in the first set of RMA instructions that I got.

I should get the results of this latest stock check by tomorrow, after which I will either fill out the forms for the cross-ship or wait until January and try again then.

Days since my PG278Q broke: 24
    Calls made to support: 10
    Status: Waiting for stock-check confirmation email for cross-ship.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Update:

It is now 2015 and 35 days since my ROG Swift broke. My last call on the 22nd of December did absolutely nothing. I did not get an email with cross ship instructions, so I called again today. The rep put me on hold for five minutes, then came back and told me there is cross ship stock, though just like last time I am going to have to wait 24 hours to see if they can assign it to me. I will wait and report what happens, if anything, tomorrow.

I will also add, that as nice as the customer service staff are, this is definitely the last time I buy anything from ASUS. I bought a GTX 970 over the holidays, and didn't even look at the ASUS ones. Never again.

Days since my PG278Q broke: 35
    Calls made to support: 11
    Status: Waiting for stock-check confirmation email for cross-ship.
    Last edited by Bri_ROG; 01-02-2015 at 05:51 PM.

ROG Member Array

Hey, thanks for posting your experience here. I thinking I am going to have to go down the RMA route and I am dreading it. My Swift keeps giving me 'no signal' now, however i have had a series of other issues -- black screen on start-up with my GTX 980, screen going fuzzy requiring a reboot, and now no-signal on from the onboard graphics on my Rog Maximus VII impact (which outputs fine via HDMI to my TV).

I am in Australia. Now that the holiday period has passed I guess I will get in touch with Asus Australia (if they have a local presence?) and start the probably-painful-and-drawn-out RMA process.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast