cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen just died!

Bri_ROG
Level 7
I am absolutely gutted 😞

My ROG Swift just...broke. The screen just shows lines and stuck pixels, everywhere, with or without the displayport cable attached. The OSD doesn't work. Nothing! This is the first RMA I've ever had to do and I feel so sad at the thought of being without my beautiful G-Sync monitor. Ugh.

Have any of you ever had a problem with a Swift where even the OSD doesn't work? It's absolutely baffling. For reference, mine is one of the early ones. The label says it was made in July.

68 REPLIES 68

logzz
Level 7
I have not seen this problem before. My best advice would be ask for a refund all the horror stories on here about this monitor is really bad. Wait for another manufacturer to release a similar product that is better and consider changing to that

logzz wrote:
I have not seen this problem before. My best advice would be ask for a refund all the horror stories on here about this monitor is really bad. Wait for another manufacturer to release a similar product that is better and consider changing to that

I can't get a refund from Newegg since it's outside the 30 day return window. I have to RMA it to Asus. I'll update this thread with my progress, but I must admit, I am dreading the process. The RMA instructions they sent me are far from clear. It says they don't want me to send it in its original packaging...but why wouldn't I? What better box would I have to send it in?

What has everyone else sent back, along with their screen? The AC adaptor and cord? The stand?

nvrs
Level 7
Another one bites the dust 😞
sorry to hear that man, i sent the monitor to the retailer in original packaging, everything included.

Bri_ROG
Level 7
Here is the confusing instructions from the RMA email:

Do not include any accessories as they will not be returned or replaced. Customer is responsible for shipping expenses if requesting item(s) to be returned.

User manuals, software, original box, I/O shields, retention mechanisms / brackets, stands/bases for display products
Non-ASUS products such as: CPU, Memory, After-market Heatsink / Fans, other components, memory cards
Physical damage is not covered under your ASUS manufacturer's warranty and automatically VOIDS your product's warranty.

Damage can include any shape or form of corner, edge damage, or markings with pens and markers
Cracked LCD screen, bezel, etc.
Broken traces or burns due to improper installation or removal of other components
Broken CPU socket or bent pins
Shipping Damage due to improper packaging

I've sent a request to them to clarify what I should send. It seems to me that they want to to just send the screen, without the stand.

Bri_ROG wrote:
Here is the confusing instructions from the RMA email:

I've sent a request to them to clarify what I should send. It seems to me that they want to to just send the screen, without the stand.

I just sent mines out on Saturday. I sent it with original box and everything included with original box. I don't see why they would want to original base and stand to be removed. Let us know what they say on this. I'm pissed I have to wait through this process already.

Astro1
Level 7
writer21 wrote:
I just sent mines out on Saturday. I sent it with original box and everything included with original box. I don't see why they would want to original base and stand to be removed. Let us know what they say on this. I'm pissed I have to wait through this process already.

Hope you didn't send in the power block. They sent mine back with the stand ribbon cable torn, display unrepaired (paperwork listed broken cover lol) and the power block missing.

They do state in the RMA instructions to not send the power block in and scolded me for doing so but given what I have already gone through sending the display in twice they said that they would ship a "replacement" that would include a charger.

So far no word and apparently they don't have any in stock.

My recommendation to anybody dealing with ASUS RMA is to use the cross ship RMA option if you can. This will assure that you will not receive the same broken display back like I did.

Honestly. Good luck!

Astro1 wrote:
Hope you didn't send in the power block. They sent mine back with the stand ribbon cable torn, display unrepaired (paperwork listed broken cover lol) and the power block missing.

They do state in the RMA instructions to not send the power block in and scolded me for doing so but given what I have already gone through sending the display in twice they said that they would ship a "replacement" that would include a charger.

So far no word and apparently they don't have any in stock.

My recommendation to anybody dealing with ASUS RMA is to use the cross ship RMA option if you can. This will assure that you will not receive the same broken display back like I did.

Honestly. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. I will definitely just send the screen, with no stand. Should I send it in the original box?

I saw nothing about Asus offering a cross-ship RMA option. I would definitely take advantage of it, if I could.

Astro1
Level 7
I sent mine in in the original box as well thinking I would get the same one back. The box you get back wil not be original so if you ever want to sell this thing you will be out the original box which IMO helps with resale value. If I could do it over, I would have kept my box.

As far as the cross ship, theoretically it should go like this.

Call them. Tell them you want to cross ship.
They send you credit card info pdf for you to return and a shipping voucher for the return
They (once in stock) then ship out a replacement.
They receive the unit and remove the hold on your cc card.

Im currently waiting in a replacement but if it arrives unusable again, I will be doing a cross ship. This way I'm not out a display for a month like I am now since I would be able to send the broken unit in only when the working one arrives.

Astro1 wrote:
I sent mine in in the original box as well thinking I would get the same one back. The box you get back wil not be original so if you ever want to sell this thing you will be out the original box which IMO helps with resale value. If I could do it over, I would have kept my box.

As far as the cross ship, theoretically it should go like this.

Call them. Tell them you want to cross ship.
They send you credit card info pdf for you to return and a shipping voucher for the return
They (once in stock) then ship out a replacement.
They receive the unit and remove the hold on your cc card.

Im currently waiting in a replacement but if it arrives unusable again, I will be doing a cross ship. This way I'm not out a display for a month like I am now since I would be able to send the broken unit in only when the working one arrives.

I'm going to call them now and ask to cross ship. Thanks so much for your advice!