ROG Member Array

Intel 7260 in a Jx ?

Hi Guys,
    Has anyone successfully installed an Intel 7260 ac wireless card to replace the Qualcomm card in a JX?

I received the card a few days back and installed it,switched the JX back on and nothing, I mean nothing, no power light no life whatsoever.Put the old Qualcomm back in and away she went. What I noticed between the two cards was the Qualcomm had all its contact pins in operation but the Intel card had about 3 or 4 pins blanked off.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated....................................... ...........I didn't uninstall the Quallcom driver before I fitted the Intel,figured I would do that once the card was fitted did not expect the JX not even come to life.
    Are the wireless cards whitelisted? Cheers Dino.

ROG Member Array

Solved

Tried again to fit the intel card and again the laptop would not power up so can assume, nope the intel card is not compatible. On a brighter note I located a azurewave {broadcomm) card 802.11ac + B/T,fitted it and installed the driver from Ausustek and no problems whatsoever. To those who are interested AzureWave (Broadcomm) AW-CE123H BCM94352HMB

ROG Member Array

UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outstanding ,originally the Quallcom card speed was 72 mbs,after installing the AC broadcomm it jumped to 144mbs,I thought I guess that's twice the speed..........................Anyhow I wasn't that impressed so figured I would download the latest drivers 6.........250 now not the 249 in Ausustek,I figured better reset the modem/router ( Asus dsl-ac68) then Bingo speed is a blistering 866.5 now.It really has been a hassel getting this sorted but I am one happy chappy now Cheers Dino

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Good to see you sorted it out.

i changed mine for the broadcon also and had similar success (so it would on MAC OS X.).
    you can see in the forums here that the broadcom is a safe bet for a wifi update.

on my old asus laptop i swapped out a wifi card for a dell one (same reason)
    after about 18 months my laptop would not start either. i took a guess and put in the original wifi card and all was well again.
    i was also surprised that a failure on a mini pci card would stop the laptop completely.
    Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
    1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
    free bag and mouse
    win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16