Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Member Array

Well, i just got a response from the retailer today (which is in another country). They said Asus support did not find anything wrong with the monitor and posted a couple of links with videos which i can't even open since the links are broken by Amazon processing (i communicate with them through Amazon which is were i bought the damn thing). I am 100% percent sure they never tried GSYNC mode which is completely garbage, full of artifacts and flickering like hell. I am also sure they didn't even try another refresh rate than the default one since image quality was very poor / blurry when not in 144 hz mode. I told them that i will not accept that monitor back no matter what and i will go to Amazon if i have to.

TLDR;
    A freaking joke! i paid 65 euros to ship them the god damn broken monitor (since Asus does not offer on site support) and they found no problem with this horribly broken piece of hardware? i feel insulted

ROG Member Array

It's Asus apparently they don't care about customers. i will never buy anything from Asus again, i would personally recommend any one else wait for other manufacturer like Benq or Acer to get similar spec monitor ant save your stress, it's not long before others will release similar monitor and whit much better customer service support then Asus. ASUS to me for customer service is just a joke

ROG Enthusiast Array

That's what happened with my monitor, nvrs. They claimed they didn't find anything wrong. I am convinced they just plugged it in and looked at it at 60hz. I doubt they even know what GSYNC is.

ROG Member Array

@Justinian

i know how you feel man, this is preposterous. Why on earth would i bother to pay 1/10th the price of a very expensive piece of hardware to ship it to another country and be deprived of it for at least a month if it ain't broken? You know what the worse part is? That i had read yours and a couple of others experiences on this forum and i was not sure if it was worth the effort to RMA since UMLB was working fine (last time i checked because that thing kept changing its behavior every day) but in the end i decided that i wanted GSYNC since that was the reason i paid top cash for it, apparently only to get screwed by ASUS!
    There is no way in hell i am accepting that monitor back without it been repaired and i will require some sort of written acknowledgment by their service department that they found the problem and fixed it. Otherwise i am taking this to Amazon

ROG Member Array

UPDATE 12/18/2014:

So, it's been a while. After a couple of weeks of conversation between Asus and I, I think everything's been mostly settled.

Getting in contact with Asus over the phone was definitely the way to go, even though I was told on multiple occasions that there "was no record" of things I was previously told by representatives, or that the "computers were down". It took me about ~4 representatives before I got one who seemed like he wanted to do anything for me. Basically, all he had to do was create an advance RMA on the monitor I had, send me a shipping label, and I had a new Swift in like 3 days. I don't know why it took me two RMAs and four reps to get this done, but it did.

Anyways, the new Swift has a manufacture date of Nov 2014, and it seems to be working well. It still has some of the issues from the previous panel, like the boiling hot bottom bezel, but the weird lack of screen uniformity is better, and there's noticeably less bleed. The turbo button even works on this one, which I hear is pretty rare (score!).

That being said, I am going to try my very hardest not to have to ever send anything to Asus on RMA again, and I'll be avoiding Asus products in the future. Maybe I'll, like... put some electrical tape over the Asus logo. That'll show 'em.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by nvrs View Post
    @Justinian

There is no way in hell i am accepting that monitor back without it been repaired and i will require some sort of written acknowledgment by their service department that they found the problem and fixed it.
    That wouldn't be a bad idea. When I got my first RMA back, the repair sheet said they fixed the "Power On" issue, when it CLEARLY stated my issues with the monitor about two inches to the right on the same page. I never had any power issues at all. Basically, I paid $60 for them to take my semi-working Swift for 2 1/2 week and break the base. Great.

ROG Enthusiast Array

By advanced RMA do you mean a cross-ship? If so, I've been trying to get one going for three weeks, and so far, I've got nothing for it.

I'm glad you got a new monitor back. It's good to see this process working for someone. Like you, this experience has soured me on ever considering another ASUS purchase.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bri_ROG View Post
    By advanced RMA do you mean a cross-ship?
    Yes, sorry.

I'm in a pretty bad spot because my PB278Q is starting to go too, after only a few months. Definitely going to try not to RMA that one...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3