cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrendous Customer Service / Broken Parts

adavidtree
Level 7
I just received my Swift back from RMA today, after only having it in my possession for about six days total. I wanted to document my experiences here so that some of you would have an idea of what you're getting yourself into with an RMA on the PG.

The very first thing I noticed is that my original box was nowhere to be found. Instead, they shipped my monitor back in a long, thin, box (that was actually not addressed to me correctly). This was fine, because as long as the monitor works, I really don't care about what the shipping looks like.

However, opening the box up, I noticed a few issues. This thing is packed poorly. Like, really poorly. Inside, the monitor itself is half-falling out of one of those airtube enclosures. It's face down in the box, and about a third of it is just hanging out of the unsealed tubing. Further, the stand is wrapped in one layer of bubble wrap off to the side. Upon inspection, I realize the stand is broken off of the base of the monitor. There is a lot of cracking, dried glue, and what appears to be scratch damage around the plastic on the bottom of the stand. There are some holes in the bottom of the base for screws, and it looks like I might be able to put them back together, but Asus did not provide any screws for me.

In fact, if I remember correctly, in the retail Swift box, the monitor comes pre-assembled. In this case, all of the components are disassembled. There are no screws whatsoever included in this package.

After inspecting the monitor, I notice that the serial number on the panel is the same as the one I sent in.

To conclude, I bought an $800 monitor and used it for six days. I sent it in factory-new condition to Asus, who broke the stand, took my box, took the screws, and sent it all back to the wrong address in a flimsy cardboard box. I have not even gotten to test the monitor because the stand will not hold it.

Please be careful if you're looking to do an RMA, guys.

Anyone have any experiences like this?

Asus, do you have anything to say for yourself?
27 REPLIES 27

writer21
Level 7
Wow man.... This is really terrible. I sent mines in with original box and parts too. I dont even know what to say.

What do you plan on doing?

writer21
Level 7
Where did you send it for rma? I sent mines to CA.

Bri_ROG
Level 7
Ouch. I'm sorry you had such awful service. My monitor just died, and I am very glad I came here and posted about it before I sent mine off via RMA. You confirmed what ASUS says in their RMA instructions: don't send it in the original box, don't send the stand or any accessories...unless you do a cross-ship RMA. I just requested one, and they are now in the process of doing a stock check. If they find one, they put a hold on my credit card, send me a new ROG Swift, then when they receive my broken screen and accept the fact that it's under warranty, they take the hold off my card.

It's crazy that they want us to ship the screen in a different box, and ship it back the same. At least with a cross-ship RMA you get to send it all back once you're happy with the replacement...but only if they can find one.

writer21
Level 7
But what is the point of taking the monitor apart when it came assembled already. I've never had to deal with crap like this.

Also not everyone is aware of Advanced Rma. I mean I had to request for them to pay for shipping. Guy I spoke with wouldn't have said anything. Fantastic customer service there!

adavidtree
Level 7
I sent mine to CA. As far as I knew, they did not offer an Advanced RMA, nor did they ever tell me not to send the stand. In fact, they gave me a checklist of all the things to include, and mentioned all retail accessories had to be present.

As far as what I'm going to do, I'm going to speak to customer service today and try to get a new one. It's simply unacceptable that something like this would happen.

Astro1
Level 7
adavidtree wrote:

Please be careful if you're looking to do an RMA, guys.

Anyone have any experiences like this?

Asus, do you have anything to say for yourself?

Your experience is damn near identical to mine. You can read it in this thread
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?50168-Problem-with-my-new-ASUS-ROG-Swift-PG278Q-Blurry-text...

Here is the general outline though.

Astro1 wrote:
Update on what may be RMA hell with ASUS.

After creating an RMA request, shipping the unit, having it delivered to ASUS on Nov 6th, I am still waiting to hear back about what is going on with my display or as much as a delivery estimate or timeframe to get my unit back from ASUS.

When I check my RMA# online, its states "Product repair is in progress."

When I called in to check in on my RMA by calling, the agent I spoke with said that her notes show that the unit is in "repair" status and that a "model change has been requested". Needless to say I never saw, received or approved for a model change.

Does this means that the "model change" request came from the repair center, I asked? I made it clear to the tech I spoke with that I do not want another model but if ASUS is fixing a flaw in the design and resending RMA's of the PG278Q with say a PG278Q-B or something then sure I'm all for whatever it takes but would not be accepting a lesser spec'ed unit.

The tech said that she sent in the email with my concerns to the RMA center, is waiting to hear back, and will forward a response on to me.

Don't know how many of you are in the same boat I am, but I would urge those that have RMA requests in to follow up with ASUS and pressure to make this right. At the moment, very disappointed to have paid $800 for this experience.

Well to update on my RMA experience with ASUS. I sincerely hope that NOBODY has to go through what I did. To cut the story short, I still don't have a working display and the RMA I sent in arrived unusable and in worse shape than I sent it.

After going through the general hassle to file an RMA through ASUS, shipping the unit in (in it's original box and packaging) I finally receiving the unit back a process that ate 2 weeks the new unit arrived as follows. Disassembled, and with a broken ribbon cable on the base and missing the power block which I admittedly sent in along with the unit.

My first corse of action was to review the included paperwork. The packing slip listed the display, the base and tower, and the power block. The proprietary power block was nowhere to be found, the unit base was busted and disassembled. I had no way to even test if the panel would work.

The repair paperwork stated that the repair on the unit was made. What was replaced? The paperwork stated that the "bezel" was cracked and repaired. That is NOT what I sent the unit in for. The problem was clearly described with photos. Basically they took the display in, broke the base (I'm assuming because it was disassembled and the screws were included neatly in a separate ziplock bag. The tare is also such that I doubt it came off during shipping and more likely had come apart during disassembly. The fact that it was allowed to be sent as such is phenomenal in 2014!

When I called in to ASUS to ask them WTF? My first concern was that I could not test the panel to see if the display even worked since they did not send back my power block. When I mentioned the damage, the repair work conducted and the missing power block (which was included on their own packing slip)

The tech's reply word for word "Sir DID you READ? the RMA instructions? "

Completely ignoring the fact that the base was broken and the paperwork had stated that the repair was for something completely irrelevant to the original problem and the fact that their packing slip included the power block. He was of corse educating me to the fact that they tell you not to send in accessories (not sure what you'd do if your power block was the culprit lol) but regardless. The power block was the least of my concerns.

Sensing my frustration with his reply to nearly scold me regarding me sending in the power block along with the display and ignoring my concerns about the paperwork, the work done and the fact that the unit was broken I got transferred to a "supervisor". (ASUS outsources their customer support via PEGATRON in far away places btw)

After talking to the supervisor and explaining the problem. He requested photographic PROOF that the display was damaged. Again ignoring the fact that no actual internal work was conducted and nothing was repaired. He gave me an email to send in the photos. Which I did (attached below) instantly via my cell phone. I made sure that he had received them by keeping him on the phone until they arrived in his box. He said yes I got them and that I should expect a new RMA#, a new shipping label and that they would be shipping a replacement display which would include the power block to me once they receive the tracking number for the shipment. Satisfied with the reply, I concluded the call.

This was Thursday morning. By Friday night, I had not heard back. Hoping to get an email on Monday, I emailed the supervisor directly informing him that I had not received any new RMA, shipping label etc.

His reply? (Again, copy pasting here)
"We are waiting on pics for the damaged product. Or did you already send those?"

Thinking WTF? I sent him the following.

I had spoken with you specifically and had mailed the pics to you and your subordinate the day you requested them. You had (that moment) on the phone told me that you had received them. Now you don’t have them? I’m confused. You had said that you were going to issue a new RMA number and send a replacement display that would include the power block. My job was to wait for the email with RMA instructions and a shipping label. What am I missing here?

Here they are pics again.

Finally today (Tuesday) I got the following.

Let’s get that bad monitor on its way back to us so that we can close out your issue. I will be sending a shipping voucher for the return if you have not already done so. We need to have that tracking number communicated to us so that we can release the replacement. I would prefer a phone call, but an email would also be great.

Good Luck

Good LUCK is RIGHT! It looks like I'm going to need it. I received the shipping voucher. I am sending the damaged unit out today yet again. Hopefully this time I can get an actual replacement, and one that works. So far nearing a month without a display.

Not getting my hopes.

Good luck everyone! This is the LAST ASUS product I will ever purchase. I'm basically out $800

Wow, that is damn identical to what I have going on. Let me know what happens. It seems like I'm going to be going through the same motions.

Astro1
Level 7
@adavidtree

And this is where I'm at currently.

After the initial ordeal of filing an RMA, shipping the unit, receiving a busted display back, filing a new RMA and resending it in, being assured that a "replacement" would be sent out last Thursday I am still out a display or as much as a tracking number Monday night.

The "supervisor" whom had assured me that a replacement would be on the way via his personal work email last Thursday has not replied to my emails following up on the status of the replacement after not having heard from him since Wednesday.

Today when I called in to inquire on the status, the rep said that the reason one has not been sent (and what makes the supervisors behavior in not replying to my emails cowardly) is because there are no units in stock and that if one was not available they would ship a different model. Yes, I informed her that the product she was to ship to me was already the best model ASUS makes.

I was instructed to wait 48hours and call back.

The discontinuity and general lack of customer support and care at this company is mind blowing. The support that is available is via a 3rd party call center in Southeast Asia. (Pegatron). What this means, is that Asus pays another company to deal with supporting their products so that they don't have to. Basically they take no responsibility for their own actions.

A reputable company would have a long time ago aligned with their customers' concerns and responded publicly about steps it's taking to make this right. I wonder what ASUS thinks of the power of Twitter to get a message out. Holding that in my back pocket for now but this has been the most atrocious experience so far.

adavidtree
Level 7

Here's the gore, in case you guys wanted to see.