Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Looks like the same imbecile packed yours that shipped mine. Broken and twisted. How does one not disconnect the ribbon cable and instead have it all twisted and or busted. Unbelievable lack of care by unqualified technicians. Asus should be ashamed of themselves for using such 3rd party services. You should power yours on to see if anything was even fixed. On mine the paperwork stated that the "cover" was broken. Whatever that is. Unfortunately mine arrived broken like yours and also without a power block so I couldn't even test it but given the paperwork I doubt they even looked at the issue I sent the unit in for. (Pixel doubling and blurry).

ROG Enthusiast Array

Time to sue? I'm going to avoid buying this monitor... probably going for BenQ one.

ROG Enthusiast Array

HAH I posted about this already! EXACTLY the same thing happened to me. Sent the monitor in the original box and packaging, got it back in a thin piece of crap with inadequate padding. The monitor was disassembled, the screen was banging around because they hadnt bothered to seal the plastic around it so it just slipped out, and the base was pulling apart the ribbon cable. I opened an escalated service ticket. They said they "forwarded the complaint to the service facility". I'm sure that'll work.

This was the one in City of Industry, CA. Is that where yours went?

ROG Enthusiast Array

I posted a link to this buried in another thread but, hey, this thread is for exactly this issue so check out their top notch packing on this $800 monitor screen:
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Ub02ZyQ.jpg  

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array pennyboy PC Specs
    pennyboy PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus XI Hero
    ProcessorIntel i9 9900k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA XC Ultra GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    Sound CardAsus Supreme FX Onboard
    MonitorASUS PG278Q Swift 27" GSYNC
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 1 tb
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo 500 gb
    CPU CoolerCoolerMaster 360ML RGB
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair 1200 AXi
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Diamondback Chroma
    Headset Razer Kraken Chroma
    Mouse Pad Razer Scarab - Battlefield 3 theme
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-680
    OS Windows 10 x64 1809

Terrible sub par service, wow I am amazed that I am reading this! man ASUS should be ashamed as a company! WOW just WOW. I hope they do something about this because I consider ASUS and awesome company, they need to clean this crap up to ensure they maintain a good name in the industry!. What muppets those techs must be!

ROG Member Array

I sent mines into the CA one too so I'll definitely post some pics when I get it back.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Lets hope ASUS straightens them out. It's simply not acceptable to package any monitor, much less an $800 screen, like that. Let us know if they pack yours correctly.

ROG Member Array

That's utterly ridiculous, you send in a broken product for repairs and it comes in worse shape than it was before. Is that even legal?

ROG Member Array

That's a scandal! If I experience the same with mine (stopped working today) I'm going to announce it to all known hardware reviewers. You guys should do the same.

ROG Member Array

I did an RMA order today for my broken swift... seems to be a bit easier in europe. just got the confirmation 2 hours later
    and it says :

- they send me a new monitor
    - I have to handover the broken one to the courier as the new one arrives (I shall disassemble the feet and just give him the
    parts... unboxed)

so I hope that all is going to be fine. I'll post any news...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast