cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751JY Gaming Center not starting under Windows 7

Kriss1
Level 8
Hello Folks,

i have a brand new Asus G751JY and i love it. I managed to install windows 7 on it, and it works perfectly well. I used all windows 8 drivers, they work OK. However the only thing that does not work is the Asus Gaming Center. Every time i try to start it i get a system error for vivokey.exe saying "The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-winrt-l1-1-0.dll is missing form your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I have reinstalled - no success. I have googled the problem and found out that this i a part of Visual Studio 2008 SP1 missing on my system - installed it - no success. I have even searched for the file on my system and it is there, in system32 folder. Any ideas ?
ASUS G751JY (i7 4710HQ)
16 REPLIES 16

Samuel91
Level 7
Hi

I am trying to solve the same problem. However I have another problem with special keys. Do your special keys work like ROG-key, shadowplay, steam and macrokeys work with windows 8 drivers downloaded from support page?

X-ROG
Level 15
Disclaimer: ASUS doesn't provide support or do testing for Windows prior to 8.1 sorry. If you can hack it to work, good for you, but no guarantee.

Kriss1
Level 8
Well yeah, i guess. The software seems to be running... but basically i don't use macro keys... the shadow play button appears to be working normally. only the ROG button on top of the numpad is not responding but i guess this is the Asus Game Center button.

@MarshallR@ASUS: I can understand that, don't worry 🙂
ASUS G751JY (i7 4710HQ)

Richdog
Level 7
Is there any way to remap the Shadow play button above escape?

This is not related issue but does anyone know how to get the time to read in 12hr and change the state is is pulling from in the Asus Gaming Center? I am not in Colorado, so I would like to find out how to change that.

I installed the Windows 7 drivers from the G750JM page for hotkeys and didn't have any issue. Try that.

quentin
Level 7
hi guys,

i just bought a g751jy but i can not install win 7 instead win 8.1
i know i need to make some change in the Bios but it didn't work ...
could you help me with this case ?
thanks to all

Zimbo
Level 7
how did u install windows 7? most regards

Hello All,

I can confirm that Windows 7 64 Bit works fine I have amassed all the correct drivers including that of the Ethernet Driver (REALTEK).

I am including a ul.to link here -in in addition to the bios settings below that must be set first in order to ensure that Windows 7 installs correctly on this machine.

Just to confirm that I have purchased this model:
http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/G751J...H_1665700.html

In my setup I got rid of the 256 M.2 HD and replaced it with a 500 GB SSD (SAMSUNG 840) - More space yes.. yes.. I know the original is faster but I needed more space. For the second hard drive I took out the 1TB stock drive and I put in a Samsung M9T 2TB 9.5mm SATA 2.5 inch Internal Hard Drive.

And before installing the OS you must act on these settings in the BIOS (F2) to boot into it.

When Machine boots up press F2 to go into BIOS.
Make sure to put the Windows 7 CD in so as to prep your machine.

1. Go to SECURITY->Security boot control-> DISABLE
2. Save changes and reboot
3. Go to BOOT->launch csm to enable -> launch PXE to enable
4. Save changes and reboot
5. Go to BOOT and choose BOOT from CD

Once you have installed Windows 7 please download my tested working drivers linked below via ul.to.
http://ul.to/j1hwugcj

DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility if your machine does not work or if you erase your OS or are unable to boot your machine due to my instructions or any malice on your part. - GOOD LUCK !