Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array

thanks a lot mate, i will test this later when i come back from work.. im having some issues with a couple programs running on windows 8

my model is not the exact one you posted its the one with 4860hq and 32gb but it might be similar or even the same, ill test it its still better than asus not providing the drivers for windows 7 and not supporting it while windows 8 is so bad and incompatible, i didnt had any issues till now

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cyber1000 View Post
    thanks a lot mate, i will test this later when i come back from work.. im having some issues with a couple programs running on windows 8

my model is not the exact one you posted its the one with 4860hq and 32gb but it might be similar or even the same, ill test it its still better than asus not providing the drivers for windows 7 and not supporting it while windows 8 is so bad and incompatible, i didnt had any issues till now
    Any problems with the drivers on your model? I'm planning to get your model.

New ROGer Array

Windows 7 on G751JY

Many thanks to dieselthirteen for his bundle of Win 7 drivers. There are additional ones out on the web. I have the G751JY-DH72X. I now have Win 7 on the SSD and moved Win 8.1 down to the HD. I enclose screenshots of the programs and drivers that come out of the box with 8.1 and the drivers that I could install on Win 7.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Win8_1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	278.5 KB 
ID:	49446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Win7.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	49447
    Basically, the Macro keys, ROG Gaming center, and Game First III won't install on Win 7. I have not tried it yet, but AutoHotkey is a free download and may provide a suitable substitute. Some apps like Steam will definitely work but I just wanted to get the basics out of the way.

And I too quote the disclaimer: DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility if your machine does not work or if you erase your OS or are unable to boot your machine due to my instructions or any malice on your part.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by dieselthirteen View Post
    Hello All,

I can confirm that Windows 7 64 Bit works fine I have amassed all the correct drivers including that of the Ethernet Driver (REALTEK).

I am including a ul.to link here -in in addition to the bios settings below that must be set first in order to ensure that Windows 7 installs correctly on this machine.

Just to confirm that I have purchased this model:
    http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/G751J...H_1665700.html

In my setup I got rid of the 256 M.2 HD and replaced it with a 500 GB SSD (SAMSUNG 840) - More space yes.. yes.. I know the original is faster but I needed more space. For the second hard drive I took out the 1TB stock drive and I put in a Samsung M9T 2TB 9.5mm SATA 2.5 inch Internal Hard Drive.

And before installing the OS you must act on these settings in the BIOS (F2) to boot into it.

When Machine boots up press F2 to go into BIOS.
    Make sure to put the Windows 7 CD in so as to prep your machine.

1. Go to SECURITY->Security boot control-> DISABLE
    2. Save changes and reboot
    3. Go to BOOT->launch csm to enable -> launch PXE to enable
    4. Save changes and reboot
    5. Go to BOOT and choose BOOT from CD

Once you have installed Windows 7 please download my tested working drivers linked below via ul.to.
    http://ul.to/j1hwugcj

DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility if your machine does not work or if you erase your OS or are unable to boot your machine due to my instructions or any malice on your part. - GOOD LUCK !

Hi,
    I am going to buy G751JY. I will install windows 7 as I did in my previous G750jz. I am reading the forum to get details about the installations. I was trying to see the tested drivers list, in the link you posted but the link doesn't work.
    Do you have a good link?
    Thank you for your very appreciated guide.

New ROGer Array

Asus Gaming Center Windows 7 Solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss1 View Post
    Hello Folks,

i have a brand new Asus G751JY and i love it. I managed to install windows 7 on it, and it works perfectly well. I used all windows 8 drivers, they work OK. However the only thing that does not work is the Asus Gaming Center. Every time i try to start it i get a system error for vivokey.exe saying "The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-winrt-l1-1-0.dll is missing form your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I have reinstalled - no success. I have googled the problem and found out that this i a part of Visual Studio 2008 SP1 missing on my system - installed it - no success. I have even searched for the file on my system and it is there, in system32 folder. Any ideas ?
    You need to download ASUS Gaming Center 10. Once that's done, make sure to locate the LauchROGGamingCenter application in your C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Gaming Center folder. You can remap the ROGGamingCenter icon to the LauchROGGamingCenter application and have the original shortcut from your desktop function correctly!

This one was tough and took me quite a few hours playing with it. I've taken a screenshot of Win7 to and the ASUS Gaming Center running to prove it! Now I have all components working just like it was on WIN 8.1!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ASUS_GC_Solved.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	67032
    Last edited by darrinljohnson; 09-02-2017 at 08:22 AM.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by dieselthirteen View Post
    3. Go to BOOT->launch csm to enable -> launch PXE to enable
    4. Save changes and reboot
    5. Go to BOOT and choose BOOT from CD
    NO need to enable PXE, since it's related to boot method that utilize the LAN connection to a server...usually only large institutions utilizes this feature.

Also, it's recommended and smarter to install Win 7/8/10 using UEFI BOOT METHOD ( i.e CSM OFF ) and NOT by the LEGACY "BIOS" boot method ( i.e CSM ON ).
    for more info on how to install windows using uefi method, please look at the sticky thread, (link found also in my sig ).
    The reason is simple... have you bought a "Ferrari" simply to drive it only in traffics ?
    more techy info in the above mentioned guide.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2