cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG RAIDR fail to boot ( Disk off line )

Stealth1967
Level 8
Hi to all

after many month of perfect work, my RAIDR fail to boot.
The disc is used as a system disk with windows 7 ultimate on a Asus Sabertooth Z77. and has always worked fine until today when it fails to boot presenting an error message that reports disk off line.

Starting the Marwell bios utility i can see that the disk is recognized and configured but it is present as virtual disk off line.
It seems to me that the raid configuration is broken and the disk can' t work properly.

How i can fix the "off line" status?
Can i still create a system image with clonezilla, to be used if necessary to restore the disk, once solved the problem?

Any help appreciated mates !!

3 REPLIES 3

Zarion
Level 7
I have the same problem, did you find an answer?

chamberlin
Level 7
I know this is a 5 year old topic, but I just got the exact same failure on my ROG Raidr as the screen shots above. I may have just lost 20 years of emails, damn. Is there anyway to rebuild this drive to get data off of it? I figure I will get a new OS drive at Best Buy and once I have a running computer maybe turn off UEFI mode on the Raidr and pray there is some utility to access the RAID0 data from a non-UEFI environment?

In case anyone was curious on how these garbage drives fail (I'm a bit bitter losing 5 years of data, but it's totally my fault for using this ROG RAIDR as a RAID0 OS drive....which wasn't backed up on the nextwork), here is the report from a reputable data recovery service, and the estimated cost to retrieve the data:

The test results for your failed set are in and have shown the following:

1) The SSD configuration is RAID 0, stripe set, no fault tolerance.
2) The SSDs are Sandforce® based, hardware encrypted.
3) One SSD has developed cell damage inside the NAND array and is locking the system into a busy state.

We must discover the ECC value used to write the raw data across the NANDs and perform a raw data dump. Once the dump is in hand, we’ll image to a like device, combine the RAID, mount the volume and extract the data to a universal media for ease of access.

The costs for these procedures, in US dollars, are as follows:

$3,200 Total Cost

Standard Service (estimated completion is ~15-20 business days)

Procedures-

Initially, we must acquire images from each of the members of the array. This separates out physical issues and gives us working copies. Depending upon the level of RAID, we must read every sector of every drive in order to insure a quality recovery. Sometimes this requires rebuilding drives in order to acquire the needed raw data. Once we have all the raw data possible, we analyze the patterning of the data and merge it back together, and if all is well, we will produce the logical structure that you were used to seeing and copy the data to a stable media.